Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

So what do you buy on ebay?

(11 Posts)
nikkie Fri 23-Feb-07 15:29:28

I tend to buy books and dvds but someone must be buying the weird stuff that gets sold on there!

DeviousDaffodil Fri 23-Feb-07 15:31:32

The wiersest thing I bought were some wind up chattering teeth that ds2 wwanted for Christams

Miaou Fri 23-Feb-07 15:39:13

I buy clothes for the kids (mainly ds, 18m), the odd thing for me. Dh buys loads of stuff, mostly fishing/boat related.

We have bought our last three cars off ebay and last week bought a minibus!!

nearlythree Fri 23-Feb-07 15:45:56

I have bought an American-style fridge freezer, a cast iron bath plus toilet and sink, an oak table and chairs - all new. Curtain fabric - well over £3000-worth for about £350. I buy new clothes for the dds and myself, mostly Monsoon. Original art by self-representing artists. 20th century art pottery. Crystals and fairy things, books I am recommended to read. And more Thomas the Tank Engine/Postman Pat/fairy stuff than I care to imagine.

MascaraOHara Fri 23-Feb-07 15:48:18

I've never bought anything

kittypants Fri 23-Feb-07 15:49:41

i buy and sell, reusable nappies,pushchairs,clothes for me and dc,books.
i meet as much as i spend though!with the napies if they dont suit my lo its ok as i can sell them on.

JonesTheSteam Fri 23-Feb-07 15:53:25

Have bought clothes, CDs and DVDs, PS1 games, handmade jewellery, and toys.

DH has bought an exercise bike (now being used as a clothes hanger in our bedroom and a very large tent)

nearlythree Fri 23-Feb-07 15:53:59

I need to start selling, I'm just such a Luddite when it comes to getting the photos on etc.

LowFatMilkshake Fri 23-Feb-07 15:56:25

I buy and sell childrens clothes - sort of recycling what my DC's have outgrown. Also puzzles and other little bit and pieces for them.

I love to look at American sellers as the childrens clothes in the US are so much nicer and keep children like children IYSWIM. Also with the current exchange rate both sides get a good deal!

I try not to spend more than I make, but if DH gets on there I'm in trouble as he emppties the paypal account buying loads of football memorabilia that's completely pointless and useless as far as I'm concerned.

I've bought the odd DVD, but am always wary in case they are'nt genuine.

nikkie Fri 23-Feb-07 16:03:46

nearlythree- have you tried recently, new system is much simpler

nearlythree Fri 23-Feb-07 22:12:49

Thanks, Nikkie, I'll have a look. Then I'll have to learn how to use my digital camera that's been in a box for two yrs...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now