Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Ski clothes possibly fake - what do I do now?

(10 Posts)
Gingefringe Sun 15-Jan-17 11:11:13

Bought a second hand TNF ski jacket and ski pants for my daughter before Xmas (6th December) - they seemed ok when I bought them so I left positive feedback.
Yesterday we went for a walk up snowy mountains and the new ski set was worn. However DD was completely soaked and freezing cold. This should not have happened with a genuine set of TNF (I have a set which is brilliant). After a gentle wash the stitching on the snow apron is coming away and revealing the elastic. I think they may be fake.
it's now 30 days after the eBay guarantee so possibly too late to make a claim and return - what would you suggest? The seller seemed genuine (selling a variety of second hand items) and had 100% feedback so she may have unknowingly bought a fake. I haven't contacted her yet but was wondering whether to make a claim via Paypal.

LIZS Sun 15-Jan-17 11:16:00

If they were 2nd hand you should have washed them in a proofing wash as previous repeated washing will have affected the finish unless the material is goretex . How much did you pay?

Gingefringe Sun 15-Jan-17 11:41:13

Hi Liz - Paid £120

LIZS Sun 15-Jan-17 12:08:47

Ouch. max I've paid for tnf or similar on ebay is £25 a piece.

Gingefringe Sun 15-Jan-17 12:13:44

Thanks Liz but I'm looking for constructive advice on what to do with a fake item!

nauticant Sun 15-Jan-17 13:20:10

If you're out of time for opening a case with ebay, open one with Paypal:

www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

If the seller has accurately described an item, but you’re just not happy with it, if you fail to open a dispute within 180 days of purchase, or if your account is not in good standing, you are mostly likely not covered by PayPal Buyer Protection.

19lottie82 Sun 15-Jan-17 13:20:42

Just open an eBay return request stating that you think the item isn't authentic. The seller won't be able to refuse a return.

19lottie82 Sun 15-Jan-17 13:21:16

Sorry just read it was over 30 days, so yes as advised, go through PayPal.

Cargundian Sun 15-Jan-17 13:30:48

But why do you think they're fake? Must be more than that they're worn and have lost their waterproofing, because that will happen even to good stuff over enough time and washings.

trixymalixy Thu 02-Feb-17 10:06:57

If the seller washed them before sending they may have lost the waterproofing. Doesn't mean they are fake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now