Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Has anyone sold records (vinyl) on Ebay - if so query on packaging!!

(5 Posts)
Harrogatemum Fri 23-Feb-07 10:15:55

Hi all - I have sold bits and pieces on Ebay before, clothes etc, but I have a big box in my attic of all my old vinyl from my student days and I think some of it might fetch a bit (original Stone Roses stuff etc etc)......my only concern is how you describe it and how you package it to ensure it doesnt break.....has anyone sold records before??

Any help gratefully received!

saffy202 Fri 23-Feb-07 10:36:32

Dh has sold vinyl picture discs before. A Pogue's single went for £85! I think we just described it as 'rare limited edition picture disc' then details with a photo.

Packing was awkward as obviously we didn't want it to break. Had it sandwiched between two pieces of cardboard then loads of bubblewrap, then finally in a slim box with fragile written over it.

Bubbaloo Fri 23-Feb-07 10:58:07

Have bought a few vinyl's off Ebay which have come packaged between cardboard and wrapped in bubble wrap,as Saffy mentioned.
As for describing,I would just state exactly what the record is-most collectors know what they're looking for and I would also make sure the description states the condition of the sleeve aswell as the record as this can make a huge difference.

misdee Fri 23-Feb-07 11:03:57

you can get 12inche mailers for records. dh adds an extra carboard sleeve inside to pad them a bit. then write do not bend on the mailer.

Harrogatemum Fri 23-Feb-07 11:39:44

great stuff - thanks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: