Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Ebay and Pypal Hijack Warning

(4 Posts)
theflumpsmum Fri 23-Feb-07 10:03:07

Hi all
Just wanted to let you all know on here that 2 of my very good friends have both had either they're Ebay and or Paypal accounts hijacked over the past week.There is a very good and authentic looking ebay email scan doing the rounds apparently at the moment,one of my friends has only had just over £100 taken out of her paypal and luckily that's been sorted with her bank,but sadly my other friend has had £1700 of things sold on her account and the money has gone missing.The police etc are investigating and have suspended her accounts.Before people ask No shes not the seller mentioned further down this thread but its possible the same could have happened to her.
The police,ebay etc have advised my friend to set up a new account and make sure the passwords are strong and to change them every 3 months ,at least,and check accounts once a week at least.Also she only found out because Ebay had sent her an email about it.

So please ,if you haven't checked your Ebay or paypal account recently ,please give them a quick check and change your passwords regularly.

lissielou Fri 23-Feb-07 10:03:56

thanks for the warning

kittypants Fri 23-Feb-07 15:16:52

bump

piglit Fri 23-Feb-07 15:18:09

Thanks. I stupidly opened a spoof ebay email the other day. Off to check. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now