Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Novice - how can I tell if this is a real offer?

(6 Posts)
dudsville Sat 14-Jan-17 19:13:58

I've been looking for a table and the ones I'm looking at tend to run a delivery fee of about£50. This one's offering £14.95. Quite a difference. So I'm worried that I'm buying a pic of a table rather than the table itself. How can I tell? Oh, and seller doesn't yet know I'm interested so doesn't know where I live - this is the advertised pp price.

HeadfirstForHalos Sat 14-Jan-17 20:00:41

What does the item description say? Maybe try messaging the seller asking details such as dimensions of the table. Check their feedback too.

TrustySnail Sat 14-Jan-17 20:05:58

Sometimes the actual delivery costs will be buried in the description, with the listed one just being a guide. Sellers often ask for a postcode to give a firm quote for large items.

Having said that, I have seen some very low delivery costs, particularly if it's a large business.

As PP said, check item dimensions and seller feedback.

Only1scoop Sat 14-Jan-17 20:25:24

Just Message seller and ask.

GlitteryFluff Sat 14-Jan-17 20:26:55

Can you put the link here and some of us can look at it to see if anything stands out to us?
Though means someone could buy it I suppose!

dudsville Sun 15-Jan-17 10:34:22

Thanks for this. I can't see a way to message the seller but will look again. I never use ebay so am finding it a little confusing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now