Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Am Livid with negative feedback being left - any advice?

(8 Posts)
Mummy2TandF Wed 21-Feb-07 13:39:16

I sold a maxi cosi cabrio car seat on ebay. On my listing I put that I would recommend collection in person or that the buyer could arrange their own courier. The winning bidder won the seat for £46 pounds and when she paid via PayPal (5 days later) she only paid the £46 but I noticed that she lived in Australia!. I emailed her and said that I would have to weigh the Carseat and find out the postage costs and would get back to her .... admitetdly it took me a couple of days tp get this done as I have a 2 year old and a 13 week old who haven't been too well (but I did email her and explained and apologised for delay) - I found out that the cheapest postage would be £37 and emailed her to let her know. She replied with a quite agressive message saying that she didn't care that I had young shildren, that she was pregnant and that she wasn't going to pay for the delivery - refunded her money as soon as I got this email and she replied thanking me for sorting it out quickly. I have just logged on to ebay and she has left me negative feedback telling buyers to beware! Do you think she is justified to do this?

lovelymoo Wed 21-Feb-07 13:42:49

you can both agree to withdraw the feedback so it doesn't show on your feedback score- not sure how you do it. My Dh had to do this on an item he sold

davethemildmanneredjanitor Wed 21-Feb-07 13:43:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dave1978 Wed 21-Feb-07 13:45:02

I really wouldn't worry too much. Leave negativ back if you can, and reply on yours explaining that she is a numpty who bidded and wouldn't pay. ALso, file a NPB case with ebay so that you get your fees back and she will get a black mark.

geekgrrl Wed 21-Feb-07 13:45:17

oh, how nasty and unfair
on your behalf
how silly is she? anyway, UK carseats aren't even legal in Oz AFAIK.

CristinaTheAstonishing Wed 21-Feb-07 13:47:01

What a cow! I sold a few things on eBay and emailed them to say I couldn't post on Tuesday or Wednesday (the auction had ended on Monday) but would do so on Thursday. I explained why. I received a couple of snotty messages to say they wanted their bloody books immediately. I managed to send them on Tuesday after all - didn't even get a thank you or a positive feedback. Some real cows out there. They wait for the full 10 days for the auction to end (I started with 3 days, then 7, then 10) then they're all in a hurry. Sorry, this brought back bad memories. She was totally unreasonable.

3sEnough Wed 21-Feb-07 13:48:11

Leave negative but truthful feedback for her and also send her a message asking if she'd like to mutually withdraw. I think the seller initiates this (can't remember - only done it once!)

BadHair Wed 21-Feb-07 14:06:31

I agree with 3sEnough - you did nothing wrong. You could keep your neg feedback to a bare minimum, something like "Buyer refused to pay postage". If I saw this on a seller's feedback I'd check it out via the link to the item, especially the postage details, and draw my own conclusions about the person who'd left the feedback.

She's also obviously a bit dim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now