Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Advice on returning a iPod

(2 Posts)
ohdofeckoffnowdear Mon 02-Jan-17 14:04:54

Hiya I bought my son a iPod 4 gen from eBay mid dec, stupidity I just turned it on just to checked it worked as left it till xmas eve to put apps and other things on it.

When doing this I have realised that you cannot add any apps on the pod because it has only updated to I think ios 6.1 and you cannot update it any further than that. I googled the problem and all I can seem to find is that the 6.1 is the highest it can be updated. So now I've spent almost £80.00 on a pod which does nothing. It's still within the 30 days I just really wanted some advice on how I approach the seller into returning and refunding the pod? It does state returns on the listing. Thank you

19lottie82 Mon 02-Jan-17 17:05:19

I wouldn't say the item has been misdescribed here. A 4th Gen iPod is over 6 years old now. The error is really yours as you didn't research the model properly before purchasing it.

A business seller is only obliged to accept non fault returns for 14 days after the sale, and a private seller isn't obliged to accept them at all.

You can however approach the seller and request they accept a return. This seems like your only option here, so you will have more luck if you do it sooner rather than later.

Failing that re sell the iPod on eBay and use the cash towards a more up to date model that meets your sons needs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now