Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Listing perfume - do people buy it? Is January a good time to sell anyway?

(6 Posts)
SarfEast1cated Sun 01-Jan-17 11:24:11

Hi all, new to this and hoping for some help. I have some unwanted xmas perfume and not sure what to do with it. It's a big bottle of Dot, but I really don't like it. Will people buy second hand perfume on ebay and is now a good time to list it? Maybe a different website would be better? I also have some No Added Sugar clothes that I would like to sell, couple of dresses and a coat, but not sure how best to do that either. Start at 99p or list for £10 and keep relisting? Is January a good time to sell stuff or are lots of people doing it. Maybe I should wait?... Any advice would be appreciated. Happy New Year!
Thanks!

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Mon 02-Jan-17 08:00:31

Yes, this is a good time to sell unwanted Christmas gifts. Have a look on Ebay to see what similar items are going for, then you'll get an idea of what you're likely to get for them. I personally would rather wait it out to get a price I'm reasonably happy with.
Happy New Year to you too. Here's to getting rid of the clutter!

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Mon 02-Jan-17 08:01:34

P.s I've seen bottles of good perfume sell even when half full.

SarfEast1cated Mon 02-Jan-17 09:43:56

Thank you Buttered I will give it a go. There is one bottle on Ebay that is damaged, and has 14 people watching. That's weird isn't it.
I will also try my luck with the NAS clothes and hope for the best.
Happy New Year!

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Mon 02-Jan-17 16:07:43

These fragrances in any form are sort after grin

Emily7708 Mon 02-Jan-17 16:19:32

I've just started selling things on my local Facebook selling pages - have you checked if you have any? It's been brilliant and today I sold a couple of items which were collected and paid for within the hour. I don't think I'll go back to selling on eBay again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now