Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Paypal problem - HELP!

(7 Posts)
sweetheart Tue 20-Feb-07 13:33:51

I recently sold an item via Ebay. The buyer paid immediatly and I posted immediatly. The buyer left positive feedback and confirmed that he had received the item.

A couple of weeks later Paypal withdrew his payment saying there was a problem. The buyer contacted me to assure us he hadn't withdrawn the payment and that it was a problem with paypal.

Toaday paypal have e-mailed me saying that they have refunded the buyer his payment.

How do I go about getting my money back? I have tried e-mailing paypal but the situation is confussing and I'm not really sure what I'm talking about.

SenoraPostrophe Tue 20-Feb-07 13:38:10

bugger.
Not much you can do: the cardholder will have reported the transaction as fraudulent (it could have been the buyer, or he could have been using a stolen card). You can try emailing paypal, but I doubt you'll get a response. If it was a big item you can report it to the police. did you post it to a UK address?

sweetheart Tue 20-Feb-07 13:46:03

yes it was a uk address. The buyer has been in touch quite a few times saying he is trying to get to the bottom of the matter. I have e-mailed him today asking if he has any idea of what to do but no response as yet.

Is it worth trying to ring paypal do you think? It seems to take days to get an e-mail response!

ShowOfHands Tue 20-Feb-07 13:50:24

Ring paypal. I have spent a lot of time emailing them over a similar problem we had buying stock for work (library). Emails are useless, you just get standard responses. Get all the info together and get on the phone to them. Managed to sort it out in about 10 minutes over the phone- and it was their problem not the seller.

sweetheart Tue 20-Feb-07 15:57:50

ok, I've got all the info together and I'm TRYING to speak to someone - so far I've spent 10 mins going round their switch board and now I've been on hold for 15 mins!

my boss has just come in so I'm probably going to have to hang up Gggrrrrrrrr

Beadmum Wed 21-Feb-07 16:40:26

omg this has just happened to me. sold an item a few weeks ago, buyer paid via paypal and left positive feedback. yesterday received an email from paypal saying buyer is wanting to withdraw payment and none of the options apply to contest this. let me know how you get on with paypal, should i call them too? otherwise theyll probably just take my money

3sEnough Wed 21-Feb-07 17:11:06

Ring them - they've sorted out my money problems recently and were very good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now