Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

***Half Price Listing Day ? Tuesday 20th February 2007***

(16 Posts)
BexieID Sat 17-Feb-07 09:55:46

If you list an item on Tuesday 20th February 2007, the Insertion Fee will be half price for each item you list.

Just noticed this in the General eBay Announcements in My Messages.

HERE

nikkie Sat 17-Feb-07 17:45:42

Thanks!

SlightlyMadScientist Sun 18-Feb-07 20:25:41

oooh - I was about to ask when the next free listing say was . I guess this is good enough.....

<Passes a mexican style wave to Nikkie>

tortoise Sun 18-Feb-07 20:26:49

I find things less likely to sell on cheaper listing days.

nikkie Sun 18-Feb-07 20:31:56

<<Waves back to SMS>>

I listed loads of Cds on the cheap day last week and have no bids yet.Don't know if the reduction is worth the reduced price?

SlightlyMadScientist Sun 18-Feb-07 20:50:19

ooo - your probably right - as I guess there is a rush to put things for sale - so increased competition...What do you reckon list tomorrow (as planned) or wait till next weekend to leave a bit of a gap???

<Continues mexican wave with Nikkie!!!!>

tortoise Sun 18-Feb-07 20:54:12

I was going to list some tonight but it means pulling out the cupboard to choose what to list! And i can't be bothered tonight.
Might have to empty the cupboard tomorrow and bag it all into ages/seasons and just list a bag of stuff at a time.

nikkie Sun 18-Feb-07 21:55:14

SMS<<and again!>>
I lists a few every night then I don't have to take sack fulls to the P/O.I take max of 6 things at a time as the start to look p*ssed off over more (and the queue builds up!)

SlightlyMadScientist Sun 18-Feb-07 22:03:22

I have about 10-12 things to do but as they are all maternity newborn stuff I want to do them all together so that I can tempt people with postage discounts . The staff and customers in the post office will just have to like it and lump it

nikkie Mon 19-Feb-07 19:16:06

I have started going to different ones

SlightlyMadScientist Mon 19-Feb-07 20:04:36

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Mad frantic waving>>>>>>>>>>>>>

nikkie Mon 19-Feb-07 21:39:02

Bethron Tue 20-Feb-07 17:11:55

Message withdrawn

nikkie Tue 20-Feb-07 20:34:48

MIne are really nice, just I always seem to cause a queue and the queue tuts !

nikkid21 Sat 24-Feb-07 09:45:08

If the queue starts huffing and puffing then it's tough! Remember that you are using the post office for it's true use - posting stuff!. The old ladies with pensions have to wait their turn. As for the staff - your custom keeps the post office open.
I'm quite militant about this as I run a business on ebay selling dd to j cup bras and post between 15 and 20 items a day. If i've had a really busy weekend I can be at the counter for up to 40 minutes.
My post office likes us ebayers as we bring in regular custom and they get paid more per item for posting than pensions or tax discs.
If you send a lot recorded etc ask for a bundle of slips to take home and then you can fill everything out before you get there to speed things up. Same goes for customs labels and airmail stickers.

nikkie Sat 24-Feb-07 15:03:22

40 mins!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: