Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Seller messing me about.

(6 Posts)
WindInThePussyWillows Thu 01-Dec-16 15:28:04

Bought something last Wednesday, which was marked as 1st class postage, I sent payment straight away. Tuesday this week I emailed and asked for confirmation of dispatch as hadn't heard anything and needed item ideally by today.

Seller replied saying his stock had been nicked but might get more in, if I want to cancel order he will understand.

I replied yesterday saying yes, cancel order ASAP and refund my money in full.
I then ordered today another from a different seller which went through fine and has been dispatched.

Then got an email and notification saying the first seller has now marked item as dispatched. No refund and no reply.

What do I do? I can't afford both.

19lottie82 Thu 01-Dec-16 20:51:39

You shouldn't have purchased a second item until the refund was confirmed for the first.

Are either of these sellers a business seller? If so you are entitled to a change of mind return for a refund.

If not there's nothing you can do, eBay won't get involved with this.

You "could" however, say there is something wrong with the first item and open a not as described case to get a pre paid returns label to return it for a full refund. Not that I'm advising you to do that though.....

19lottie82 Thu 01-Dec-16 20:53:39

Or if the first one doesn't arrive within a day or so then open a not received case with eBay.

There's always the chance the seller might have just marked yours as dispatched when it hasn't been....... especially if he's selling a lot of items and he's bulk marking them as dispatched.

WindInThePussyWillows Fri 02-Dec-16 10:46:17

Thanks both, I phoned eBay and they confirmed I had agreed with him to cancel prior to any dispatch so would support a case if it came to that. They also gave me first sellers phone number and I phoned him, he had no idea what I was on about and said he couldn't remember selling any of said item hmm but sent me a full refund there and then. He said it might turn up if he sent it but wasn't sure. Seems really dodgy.

Pemba Fri 16-Dec-16 01:07:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pemba Fri 16-Dec-16 01:08:34

So sorry I meant to start my own thread! Sorry OP, I will ask MNHQ if this can be moved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now