Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Click and Collect from Argos - option appears on my sales

(11 Posts)
MissMargie Mon 28-Nov-16 08:58:15

I dont' want this option and don't actually know if Argos would be happy with me dropping off my unwanted junk at their store.
What is it about?

Would Argos really take my stuff and deliver it to another store for someone to collect??

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Mon 28-Nov-16 09:04:08

Can you go back in and edit your advert, read through it all to make sure no options are ticked that you don't want.

MissMargie Mon 28-Nov-16 09:08:13

PHoned Ebay and it seems it is so that I can post item to the Argos store nearest the buyer for them to collect.

Don't know if this is a good idea or no.
Certainly I have an Argos near to me but it looks busy at this time of year. Seems odd they are also dealing with ebay buys too.

MissMargie Mon 28-Nov-16 09:12:05

There doesn't seem to be an option to avoid click and collect. Even though I didn't select an Argos store near me (there was a list of the nearest Argos stores). Maybe it's a method of collecting the item for local buyers to use.
I set p&p as free.
I have item on as Buy It Now price so perhaps that is when it is added.

MissMargie Mon 28-Nov-16 09:19:06

After a Google search - I can opt out by going to My Ebay/ Account/ Site Preferences.
Phew!

EvenTheWind Mon 28-Nov-16 09:19:49

Yes, buyers collect from Argos

Who have longer opening hours than post office so it's good...

MissMargie Mon 28-Nov-16 09:22:26

Yes, now I've thought about it maybe I should have left it on there !!

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Mon 28-Nov-16 09:27:14

Maybe it's the free p&p option then. I have things on buy it now but not free p&p but they don't include the Argos option. I suppose it doesn't make a lot of difference, whether you post to buyers home or their local Argos store. I get items with sale prices over £5 posted with Royal Mail signed for just to be on the safe side. You don't have to drop them off at your local Argos though do you?

EvenTheWind Mon 28-Nov-16 09:27:35

Yes, buyers collect from Argos

Who have longer opening hours than post office so it's good...

TupsNSups Mon 28-Nov-16 09:29:17

I love it! I am a business seller and it is great when people have it delivered to argos (which a lot more people are doing) as they can not say the item was not delivered smile

juicypineapple Mon 28-Nov-16 09:34:28

My Dad uses Argos click and collect on ebay all the time. It is amazing op as you don't have to wait in for postman and couriers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now