This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Help! Case opened because eBay themselves lost item!!!! (from shipping centre)

(38 Posts)
alltoomuchrightnow Thu 24-Nov-16 19:27:13

Sent an item a few weeks ago . It was going to Germany and buyer is in the GPS scheme. I had only started accepting this scheme because I thought it would protect me as a seller too!
That the onus was on me to get it to the shipping centre in Derbyshire (I'm also in England) then I thought from there eBay took care of it all.
Anyway I sent the item to Derbyshire by courier (that I've used many times.. without problems.. not myHermes, I use a friend's business courier, she has a mail order company and never lost an item)..
It got signed for there at the GPS centre in Derbyshire so I know it got THERE.. I have proof of this online from the courier.

A case now opened as german buyer saying where's my item!?
I can't respond to the case as it's all in german! I don't know a word of german!
And I can't ring eBay , I live middle of nowhere and the phone masts were meddled with recently.. still not fixed.. weeks on no signal. I just tried but no good..

alltoomuchrightnow Thu 24-Nov-16 19:27:48

GSP, rather!

19lottie82 Thu 24-Nov-16 21:46:19

As long as you have tracking showing it was delivered to the GSC you don't need to worry. Just make sure they're uploaded against the sales record, and maybe speak to someone on live chat?

alltoomuchrightnow Thu 24-Nov-16 22:09:51

how do I get onto live chat with them? could not work out how.
I'm so angry they are treating me like this.
I have replied as best as I could but don't understand the german parts! I just wrote my bit in english.
Also I couldn't put an attachment into the reply (the dispute) to show the proof of delivery.
They should be taking responsibility for the fact it didn't get to Germany after leaving their centre!
They say the amount is going to be taken by Dec 4th.. refunded to him
£280!!!!! I do not have this.
I have 31p left in my overdraft! I feel really sick

alltoomuchrightnow Thu 24-Nov-16 22:10:39

The thing is i WAS very careful. As I only had to get it to Derbyshire I could have chanced it and bunged in post.
but due to the high value I paid courier £10 to get it there even though a tiny parcel

19lottie82 Thu 24-Nov-16 22:38:26

OP, calm down. As I explained you can prove it has been delivered to the GSP so you will be fine.

Did you upload the tracking number against the sales record as advised? And also in the case? (Not just a photo of the slip)

19lottie82 Thu 24-Nov-16 22:40:42

To get to live chat go to the eBay home page there should be a "help" link at the top left of the page.

Click this and select any path of options until you get a "contact us" option and select any until you get an option to pick live chat.

Your choice doesn't even need to represent your problem if you know what I mean, you just need to get to the option of being offers live chat.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Thu 24-Nov-16 22:43:09

eBay haven't actually done anything yet - you just need to talk to them. It's unfortunate that your phone isn't working because that'd be easiest - any chance you can use someone outside of the areas? If not, live chat is the next best thing. Explain and show the evidence that it got to the GSC and you'll be absolutely fine.

HerdofAntilop Fri 25-Nov-16 11:30:30

Is there much German? I could give you the gist if you like?

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 25-Nov-16 17:21:55

I can't talk to them. I just drove to a mile away from here and still no signal. I had some money transferred into my Paypal and they've taken all the money out for this buyer.
I am trying to find if there is a way to email Paypal.
eBay should compensate this buyer! They lost the parcel not me.
I got another dispute sent through. I can't prove the parcel got there as I can't send an attachment in it.. there is no option to do this.
So frustrated

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 25-Nov-16 17:22:27

thanks for offer,Herd. DP is home tomorrow though and is pretty fluent

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 25-Nov-16 17:24:16

there is no option to email eBay! Used to be that you filled in an email form.
Every link takes me back to the same place.. 'call us' . Which is the one thing I can't do.

19lottie82 Fri 25-Nov-16 17:35:06

Keep changing your path until you get a live chat.

You can prove the parcel has arrived. There will be a part where you can upload the tracking details. Both in the actual dispute and also against the originals sales record.

I've advised you twice to do this, if you haven't already. Have you?
If you don't you will lose. It's VERY important!

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 25-Nov-16 17:55:40

I just cannot see where in the dispute I can upload the tracking.. I cannot see anywhere to add attachment to do so

19lottie82 Fri 25-Nov-16 23:17:16

When you go into the dispute there will be options inc "refund the buyer", "send a message" and there should be one for "upload tracking details".

Have you uploaded them against the sales record? Go to your main eBay page and find the list of the items you've sold. Go to this item and there will be an option for "upload tracking detail", then you can type in the carrier and tracking number.

ImaLannister Mon 28-Nov-16 02:04:00

Sounds like the buyer is having you on & maybe lying OP. As long as you have tracking info that's all you need as proof. You did your job, you sent it off, what happens after is not your fault. You need to go on the website, whatever it was that you sent the item with Royal Mail etc and manually put in the tracking number. See for urself if he received it. You normally only need to show proof of postage with tracking to eBay once they ebay ask for it. They then refund they buyer, not you.

19lottie82 Mon 28-Nov-16 08:16:50

ima why do you think the buyer is lying?

alltoomuchrightnow Mon 28-Nov-16 18:50:25

Update is..
I spoke to three different people at eBay customer services yesterday, totalling about an hour.
It got pushed up to 'escalation' department.
Three of them said I would get the money refunded if the item doesn't turn up. They said G S P would refund both me and the buyer.
They all sounded unsure though and didn't exactly reassure me. Only one of them said she could 'see' that the parcel had turned up at G S P. The other two said that it had not.
I sent them the tracking info this morning as I had no option to do that until they had emailed me first (which they did, also this morning)

Today I receive an email from them completely going back on all that was said on phone - saying that the parcel did NOT go to G S P ! and the tracking info I sent means nothing (even with staff names on it i.e. who signed for the parcels) as parcels are signed for in bulk and they have no way of telling which was specifically mine! I keep telling them, I only sent two to them by courier that week. Both got there.. but the record I have means nothing i.e. they are passing the buck .

I'm totally tearing my hair out. This is a huge amount of money to me. It's making me unwell. I have no money. To have that money right now would make all the difference .

I sent two parcels together, same courier same time to the G S P.
The non missing parcel.. got dealt with at G S P. It got sent overseas (different country to the missing one ) and turned up promptly. However they don't seem to care about this information.

G S P is not the safe place I thought it was. G S P would only refund me if they lost the parcel. They are saying it never got there. I know it did.

I have no idea what to do next.. and the buyer has to close the case on Dec 4th, whether item has arrived or not (I still 100% believe the buyer, by the way)..

alltoomuchrightnow Mon 28-Nov-16 18:52:46

They say the onus is on G S P if they lost it.
But they say it never got to G S P.. they are ignoring the proof I've sent them. So the onus is on me hence I won't get a refund.

I'm losing sleep over this. It's brought my eczema out and my stomach's gippy. I need that money. I can't survive without it. I'm a reliable seller with over 3k positive feedback, never had a neg or neutral.. this does'nt hold any sway with them at all.

Oh and Paypal said nothing they can do, they are not linked to eBay now so speak to eBay (even though they, Paypal, took the money)

alltoomuchrightnow Mon 28-Nov-16 18:54:14

I know what replies will be. It's not their fault I'm skint.
but. they did take this money from me. That's the issue. Even if I was rich, it's a large sum.

19lottie82 Mon 28-Nov-16 19:04:07

HAVE YOU LISTED THE TRACKING INFORMATION AGAINST THE ORIGINAL SALES RECORD????

Sorry to shout but I've told you to do this three times and you haven't yet confirmed that you have!

AnchorDownDeepBreath Mon 28-Nov-16 19:26:40

Lottie is right here, you need to list the tracking against the order.

They are right that you can open a dispute in one place or the other - eBay or PayPal. They used to talk a bit more when they were the same company, but you've always only been able to open a dispute in one place.

Is the tracking info live?

ImaLannister Mon 28-Nov-16 21:43:24

Lottie because some buyers do. I've sold on eBay for years. I've had it all. If they think they can get away with it then they will. I've proven things have arrived with tracking. Most ebayers are genuine, but unfortunately you get the minority that aren't too.

ImaLannister Mon 28-Nov-16 21:45:57

Alltoomuch please don't let it make you feel unwell. I agree with previous posters, it's very important that you add the tracking number on the sold auction if you haven't done so already.

ImaLannister Mon 28-Nov-16 21:47:35

OP I can't understand why they are ignoring the tracking info you sent. That's usually all you need.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now