Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

My error?

(5 Posts)
GerbilHeaven Thu 17-Nov-16 18:16:06

Ive recently sold curtains - I measured length and width - but width was at the bottom and not from the pleated top which is narrower.
Buyer is not happy as she says they're not wide enough. I think I've made the error here for not measuring the pleated end. Do you think I'm wrong?

I need to refund sale and pay for postage, don't I? Should I charge extra for packaging?

WhyHasAllTheRumGone Thu 17-Nov-16 18:18:40

I don't think you're wrong. If you buy them in a shop the measurements are the width before they are gathered. Unless you explicitly listed them as 100cm gathered?

TheDisreputableDog Thu 17-Nov-16 18:32:19

Did you advertise them for the size window or size of curtain? Don't you generally buy curtains that are 'size and a half' of your window measurement?
However, I guess PayPal is likely to side with the buyer...

imsorryiasked Thu 17-Nov-16 18:33:44

Depends how you described them. If you said "curtains measure" then I think you're fine. If you said "curtains fit" then you're in the wrong.

GerbilHeaven Thu 17-Nov-16 18:37:58

I definitely said "curtains measure". Oh darn it - I'm not sure that I can cope with a PP dispute - I'll refund all when I've received them
Back. Gawd!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now