This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

What are the alternatives to eBay?

(9 Posts)
GrumpyOldBag Thu 17-Nov-16 16:08:22

I am a long-standing ebayer and have been selling on there for over 10 years, but not much recently.

I always go to eBay if I'm having a clear out, but know there must be other options now and wondered what they are & how good they are.

Never had any success with local Facebook pages; what's Gumtree like?

Is there anything else?

LineyReborn Mon 21-Nov-16 05:57:19

I use use Gumtree and it's not too bad. On FB people never want to pay the asking price, but they seem more likely to on Gumtree. It's all cash on collection which can be a pain when the buyer just doesn't turn up.

brodchengretchen Mon 21-Nov-16 14:57:44

If you want to sell handmade, artistic, craft or design-orientated items you could look at Etsy. It's fixed price and it's worth observing that sellers could be using other selling platforms like eBay as well.

Personally I find Gumtree too grim to use very often.

brodchengretchen Mon 21-Nov-16 14:58:20

The Gumtree website that is.

mummydoesntmind Tue 22-Nov-16 21:25:31

Ive just started listing stuff on One Baby Owner. Have sold one item. It's free and the listings are longer. Quite iptimpressed so far but there's not much on there, I think it's quite new. Have had no luck on eBay either, and FB can be hit and miss where we are (lots of peeps make offers but don't follow thru). Anyone got any other sites they recommend? I'm a hoarder!!!

mummydoesntmind Tue 22-Nov-16 21:26:29

Soz, link was www.onebabyowner.co.uk

previously1474907171 Thu 24-Nov-16 17:31:05

I use Ebid. You can list for free and only pay if you sell or you can upgrade.

Sundaysmumisfullofwine Sat 26-Nov-16 22:33:20

Shpock can be worth a go, especially for bigger items.

Lipsy234 Wed 30-Nov-16 22:02:16

Preloved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now