Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Leaving neutral feedback?

(7 Posts)
pasturesgreen Thu 10-Nov-16 11:59:19

I'm in a bit of a conundrum.

Ordered a jacket which was delivered today. Nice wool jacket by LK Bennett, used, bargain price. Listed as "excellent condition", no mention of any defects, photos provided didn't show any either. So far, so good.

Jacket arrives and has multiple smallish holes in the lining. Obviously not noticable when worn, but still it irks me that there was no mention at all of them in the listing.

Jacket is otherwise in very good condition. Seller has 100% positive feedback. The damage is not huge, but still very visible when the jacket is not on. I probably would have bid on it anyway, but on the other hand I'm also a seller and would never dream of not mentioning something like that when listing. There's no way she didn't notice, there are about 15 to 20 holes. So, what do I do? Do I leave honest neutral feedback and spoil her feedback rating? Or just suck it up as one of those things and leave positive feedback?

pasturesgreen Thu 10-Nov-16 12:01:31

Also should have mentioned, I'm not after a partial refund, the jacket came up to around £20 so not much point.

Mine is just a reaction to the general underhandedness of not mentioning the damage at all.

cavalo Thu 10-Nov-16 12:05:07

Send a message, with photos of the lining, and let the seller's response be your guide smile If they seem sorry then great, if not...

The lining's a bit of a worry though - it's a significant job to redo the lining of a jacket if it came to that. Any chance it's moths?

pasturesgreen Thu 10-Nov-16 12:09:42

Thanks cavalo! Doubt I'll go very far down that route, though, as I've had 0 communication from the seller so far, no shipping confirmation apart from the automated ebay message.

It's definitely not moths, as the lining is 100% acetate, while the rest of the jacket is made of wool and the damage is limited to the lining.

Looks more like it got caught on something (I'm thinking crystal-embellished or studded top?), or possibly something was spilt on it and it ate through the farbic.

cavalo Thu 10-Nov-16 12:39:25

I'm glad it's not moths!
If you're concerned about the holes becoming bigger (through wear) or if you think you won't be able to wear the jacket without feeling annoyed, maybe it's worth contacting the seller.
Are the holes tiny enough that you could just put a stitch or two in each one? Otherwise any repair ( new lining or fusible tape etc) could be a biggish job.

pasturesgreen Thu 10-Nov-16 12:49:20

No, it's definitely a biggish job, there's no way I'd just be able to stitch the holes closed.

I might consider having a new lining put in place, but them again, it'll probably end up costing more than the jacket itself.

19lottie82 Thu 10-Nov-16 14:20:11

I always try to give the seller a chance to redeem the situation before leaving non positive feedback. Or look at their feedback history, do they have form for similar situations? (If so I'd be more likely to leave neutral / negative)

It depends what you're after, you said you are not after so if it was me, a timely and genuine apology would prob do the trick, but it's entirely up to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now