Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Seller confused by postage -help!?

(7 Posts)
jaffajiffy Thu 10-Nov-16 09:05:21

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112189897265

I'm a seller. What have I offered here? I want to only ship to U.K. or North America. But it looks like pretty well everywhere can bid and purchase. What should I do? End the item? I am so confused by the postage options.
Thanks in advance.

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Thu 10-Nov-16 15:43:30

Have you ticked the Ebays Global shipping option maybe.
You've got bids on now, so best not to cancel auction. Are your bidders based in the UK?
I don't think it's very likely you'll get overseas bidders, I've never had any problems with buyers from overseas. The Global shipping program is good, Ebay deal with the postage, the seller pays for all that, you just charge the local postage to the Ebay depot.

jaffajiffy Thu 10-Nov-16 16:35:49

Thanks for your response.
It seems GSP is ticked. I've tried to exclude countries and it revised the listing to reflect that, but the most recent bid is from India despite my excluding that country. If you think I'm likely ok with the shipping then I'll leave it.

19lottie82 Thu 10-Nov-16 16:52:03

GSP is reasonably hassle free. You just send it (always tracked) to a UK centre then eBay do the rest.

The only small problem I've found is that eBay charge the buyer a fortune for the onwards shipping, so occasionally the winning bidder won't pay when they see the shipping costs.

jaffajiffy Thu 10-Nov-16 16:57:04

Ok I think we should be ok. Thanks, both smile

ImaLannister Tue 15-Nov-16 03:21:56

Hi. Let me tell you step by step what you have to do to solve this problem OP:
1 - log onto eBay on the actual website NOT app www.ebay.co.uk
2 - Press the account tab - then click on 'site preferences tab'
3 - Scroll down & find 'postage & packaging preferences'
4 - In that bit select NO for global shipping programme then also in that section go to exclude postage locations in your listings select EDIT - then tick all the international locations that you don't want to post to (this will be all of them if you wonky want to post to UK)
5 - Scroll down after doing this and find 'buyer requirements' block buyers who: then select EDIT - then TICK 'buyers who live In a primary location that I don't post to'
THEN at tick 'apply to current live listings'

Then you're done!
This will stop that from happening. Foreign ppl won't be able to bid on your items.
I tried to put the steps you need to take in the simplest form. I don't think you're stupid! You just needed to be told exact steps! smile

Hope this helps.

ImaLannister Tue 15-Nov-16 03:24:44

Ffs auto dictionary. Apologise for wording errors!
ONLY not wonky
at the end tick apply to all live listings

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now