Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Cancelling an order

(5 Posts)
Trinpy Sun 30-Oct-16 19:59:01

I sold an item on eBay for collection only. The buyer paid straight away via PayPal. I sent a message asking when they would like to collect and they've said they didn't realise it was collection only and they want me to cancel their bid and refund their money.

I've never done this before - do I just cancel the transaction? Will I have to pay any fees if I do this?

ImaLannister Tue 15-Nov-16 03:44:36

Never ever ever sell something for collection then offer PayPal to pay. If it's collection then you need to say cash on collection. Their is a major loop hole in this, buyers collecting then saying they didn't get it, you wasn't in, all lies. They open up a case. Because they paid by PayPal, PayPal then refund them from your PayPal. You don't have a leg to stand on, and buyers 100% always win. You loose out big time. Always.
Cash on collection - if its pick up only
PayPal - if you post it to them.

lljkk Tue 15-Nov-16 21:14:47

OP: you pay a 20p fee to paypal, is all.

Go to My Ebay -> Sold items, right click, there is an option to cancel transaction. Choose 'at buyer's request' . Once they confirm the cancellation then you get all other fees back (except that paypal 20p) and you are free to relist.

Might add in bright huge letters COLLECTION ONLY PLEASE in the item description.

lljkk Tue 15-Nov-16 21:15:10

(aw nuts, just realised this thread is a zombie!)

ImaLannister Tue 15-Nov-16 22:00:54

Lol! Thought I would put in a helpful word incase she was still in limbo with it all.. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now