Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Am I in the right here or have I messed up?

(5 Posts)
delilabell Thu 13-Oct-16 12:27:31

I bought an item on eBay and it arrived really stinking of smoke. I washed and dried it but it still smells. (Im really worried I shouldn't have done this now)
I've emailed the lady and she said she doesn't do returns, it cots a lot for her to buy it and if I'm not happy I should sell it on.
if she said no returns and she didn't say it came from a smoke free home I don't stand a chance do I? No way I could sell something on that smells.

19lottie82 Thu 13-Oct-16 13:51:11

She still talking nonsense.
"No returns" refers to a non fault, return i.e. A change of mind.

Open a return request with eBay and she will need to provide you with a paid returns label. Use this to send it back and you will be refunded in full inc original postage.

If she doesn't give you a label contact eBay.

OneTiredMummmyyy Fri 14-Oct-16 12:29:06

Open a case on Ebay (return request). Reason: item is defective. Then in the comments box describe the situation. Fingers crossed you will get a refund.

FlabulousChic Sun 16-Oct-16 18:41:07

You can't return it as you got it as you have washed it. You have to be able to return in the condition you got it in. You can't ergo sell it on

19lottie82 Sun 16-Oct-16 19:24:44

Flab that's incorrect. The OP can still return it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now