Talk

Advanced search

Am I being impatient ?

(5 Posts)
LIZS Tue 06-Feb-07 15:18:05

Bought a BIN on 20th January, sent off cheque on 22nd first class. Seller advised to allow 7-10 days to clear but have not heard anything since, 2 weeks on, no email or feedback yet . Do I assume she has received the cheque and it is still cleaning ? Would she normally email me when she sends the goods or could a parcel just appear ? Her feedback is excellent btw.

Kelly1978 Tue 06-Feb-07 15:19:41

Often a parcel jsut appears. Ebayers often dont like cheques, I find it's a hassle going to the bank to pay them in, so it does take longer. I'd just email and ask, no harm in that.

BexieID Tue 06-Feb-07 15:42:53

Also, some people may only be able to get to the bank or PO one day a week. She may well have received your cheque after her 'day off' so to speak, so has had to wait till she can pay it in, then wait again till she can get to the PO. When I worked full-time thats what I did but I did state that on the auction.

I'm waiting on a pair of jeans that I won 27th Jan and paid by Paypal. But I know that some people wait for Paypal to go into their banks first.

E-mail them if you don't receive your bits by the end of the week.

MerlinsBeard Tue 06-Feb-07 15:47:42

check your bank. if the money has gone from your account then teh cheque has cleared and you can email asking where your parcel is

LIZS Fri 09-Feb-07 10:12:46

Parcel arrived yesterday !

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »