Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Posting a toy with batteries in?

(6 Posts)
MrGrumpy01 Sat 24-Sep-16 22:38:20

Hi, I am planning to list a couple of electronic toys tomorrow (as one listing). I have looked at the Post Office guidance on restricted items but have confused myself as to whether I can send them with the batteries in as it only talks about new batteries (from what I can see)

I am happy to send them battery-less but feel that they are a bit more appealing if they are able to be used straight away. There are 6 batteries between the 2 toys (usual AAA/AA) .

I did do an AS but couldn't find my answer and google wasn't much help either.

I could pop into the PO and ask but I was hoping to list them tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Sun 25-Sep-16 00:17:51

I can't see the problem with posting within the UK, well unless it's a car battery I suppose grin
I just post with batteries, it's a BS rule IMO.
I've got a feeling they can give you a special sticker, I got one from my mobile phone operator when it went in for repair, even though they said it wasn't necessary to send the phone with the battery confused

MrGrumpy01 Sun 25-Sep-16 16:44:20

Thank you. I will list later with the batteries. I only send UK so hopefully there won't be an issue.

gamerchick Sun 25-Sep-16 16:46:31

I've been stopped at the PO counter before about batteries. I didn't have any but maybe you should check at your PO first.

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Sun 25-Sep-16 17:15:27

They do ask what you have in the parcel these days but I tell a fib.

RockyBird Wed 28-Sep-16 00:20:36

I've sold a few furbys and remove the batteries. Don't want to cause an international incident grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now