Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Constant crappy items!

(5 Posts)
SexDrugsAndSausagesrolls Sat 24-Sep-16 15:30:49

Recents buys

Iphone5: non working, drawn out return with lots of abuse

iPhone 5: no microphone sound

Dr marten boots: smelly and huge chunks gouged out of sole, awful condition when seen in proper light, didn't want to touch

Kids gap jumper, lovely until flipped over to see bleach mark

Buggy, refused to collect due to not really folding. Tried to hurry me out of door so I didn't spot it

Is anyone else this unlucky? It's ridiculous, just strarted reusing eBay.... Has it gone to shit?

pasturesgreen Mon 03-Oct-16 12:15:59

So far I've only had one bad experience as a buyer, just last week.

I suppose I've been lucky...

LK Bennett jacket sold as hardly worn, in immaculate condition. I basically received a shapeless rag not fit to be worn, with pilling all over.

In her defence I must say it had been photographed very, very well grin

Ifihadmytimeagain Mon 03-Oct-16 12:22:05

This is the reason I don't buy from Ebay any more. too many people chancing their arm selling poor quality goods. Things to look out for are previous feedback being dodgy (obviously but it's easy to fortget to check in the heat of the moment), poor descriptions (not much info) and a low number of pictures (both of which say 'can't be arsed' or daren't show anymore').

I've bought countless things sold as in 'perfect' or nearly new condition which turned out to have fag burns in them or moth holes, pulled stiches, marks, fading etc. That's why it's called FleaBay!

ThoraGruntwhistle Mon 03-Oct-16 12:25:56

I have received some utter rubbish only fit for the bin before. I have also sold kids clothes in perfect condition (I only ever try to sell things with nothing wrong with them to avoid the returns nonsense) only for total chancers to claim that there's something wrong with it when it arrives. It really does put you off bothering.

MadisonMontgomery Mon 03-Oct-16 12:34:02

I find it so hit & miss - I have had a few fab items, but a load of rubbish. People seem to think that a decent label makes up for it being in an absolute state.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now