Talk

Advanced search

any advice please xx

(6 Posts)
f1nut Sat 03-Feb-07 13:47:04

i brought some phil ted coverS for pushchair of ebay, buy it now, women stated minor staining to lapbelt, would come out if you had time to clean, condition good and no other staining, tears, marks.

well they have arrived this morning, as soon as opened the wrapping a stench of damp came out, they were wet, cover in mould spots, old and new, and i mean lietally covered, metals on footwell had acualy hairy mould growing on them, they stink to high heaven, the hood is ripped and plastic on hood torn.
wouldnt let my child anywhere near then let alone sit in them.
iv opened a dispute with paypal, but her repy was that she said there was staining, but her actual words in aution was-

this has been copied and pasted from add-

PHIL & TEDS FULL SET OF COVERS, INCLUDING MAIN SEAT, DOUBLES SEAT, HOOD/CANOPY & SHOPPING BASKET/FOOTWELL.

THIS SET HAS BEEN USED ( approx 18 months ) BUT IS STILL IN FULL WORKING ORDER, GOOD CONDITION, ALL STRAPS & FIXINGS ARE INTACT &NO HOLES OR TEARS IN THE FABRIC, IT HAS ALL BEEN CLEANED. BUT THERE IS SOME STAINING , MAINLY ON THE MAIN SEAT LAP STRAP, MAYBE IF YOU HAVE MORE TIME TO SPEND ON IT IT MAY COME OFF.
I AM TOO BUSY AT THE MOMENT TO DO IT THOUGHI AM SELLING DUE TO A CHANGE OF COLOUR

im having a panic now, honestly they are completly unusable, thats £70 down the drain, can you even remove mould from fabric?

TheEmeraldCityTourGuide Sat 03-Feb-07 13:51:56

You can reply to her comments on the Paypal dispute and state that the items are unusable.
Ask what her returns procedure is, and state that the item was not as described.
I would insist on a full refund, and for her to pay for return postage. Make sure you send it by recorded delivery.
Paypal will negotiate this for you if she is unwilling to help, but I think you have to wait 28 days before they step in.
Good luck.

tinkerbellie Sat 03-Feb-07 14:16:08

yes she has out that on paypal and i'm pretty sure that they let you respond and then decide what to do
- her item is clearly not as the description stated

f1nut Sat 03-Feb-07 14:25:28

she mailed me and said she would only refund minus postage which is £12 and then i still have to return at my cost so another £12.

TheEmeraldCityTourGuide Sat 03-Feb-07 14:27:45

Don't accept that.
Just reply through the official Paypal dispute.
There is no way you should lose £24 because she tried to offload her old tat on you!
She's got a cheek!

helenhismadwife Sun 04-Feb-07 22:11:00

have you heard anything yet?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »