Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Received stained skirt- what to do?

(5 Posts)
cavalo Sun 04-Sep-16 11:09:21

Right first off I'll say I'm new to eBay... I bought a skirt this week which arrived yesterday. On first glance it looked fine and I left positive feedback for the seller, (who hadn't yet left feedback for me). Later on I tried it on and noticed there's a brown mark on a pale area of the skirt- it's a patterned skirt with light and dark colours and the mark is on a light patch. I've emailed the seller, with photos, asking if she knows what the mark is, and am waiting on a response. For info its a small mark, but once you notice it , you keep spotting it....

Advice please.... Wheat would you do?

From what I've seen online if I try to clean the (silk mix fabric) skirt I can't later complain if the mark doesn't come out. It's not something it'd stick in the machine with fabric remover like cotton etc, it's a more delicate silk mix fabric.
confused

cavalo Sun 04-Sep-16 11:15:19

I should add that the seller described the skirt as "used - very good condition", and she made a mistake on describing the fabric as cotton, not silk.

nauticant Sun 04-Sep-16 11:19:05

Forget about the positive feedback. It does not harm your rights within ebay and if it's raised point out that a marked item is a marked item and that's the issue.

Contacting the seller as you have done is the right start. Assuming you wouldn't be happy with the marked skirt, the next step is to check with the seller whether they'll provide a full refund (including any cost of posting to you) and also pay for the return postage cost, and if they won't you open a Not As Described case with ebay. Don't try to clean the item, it will only complicate the situation.

RaeSkywalker Sun 04-Sep-16 11:33:47

What nauticant said.

cavalo Sun 04-Sep-16 12:52:48

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now