Talk

Advanced search

Photos on ebay

(8 Posts)
shonaspurtle Thu 01-Feb-07 12:10:18

I've only ever sold one thing but I've got a few bits at the moment that I'd like to get shot of.

Anyone got any top tips for taking photos of stuff to help them sell?

LadyOfTheFlowers Thu 01-Feb-07 12:21:09

dont take just one. 3 or 4 works well. make sure they are clear and with natural light near awindow if you can. hth

throckenholt Thu 01-Feb-07 12:25:11

take a few from different angles, and pick the best. Make sure the lighting is good. Crop if necessary. Make sure the surface it is on looks good and is clean.

shonaspurtle Thu 01-Feb-07 15:39:20

Thanks for your help. Will give it a go.

chitchat07 Thu 01-Feb-07 18:49:11

Oh, and its a good idea to take the photo with natural light. The flash light seems to make a lot of things go funny. Especially if its a dark colour!

If you're using several photos, open up one of those free photo sites, such as photobucket, and use the link to post your photos, otherwise if you load more than one photo through ebay you will be charged more to list.

shonaspurtle Thu 01-Feb-07 22:02:58

Thanks chitchat that's an excellent tip! The ebay charges really mount up don't they?

minko Tue 06-Feb-07 17:34:08

My tip is to buy a big sheet of white card and use it as the backdrop. Put the item on the card, then bend the back of the card up to make a background. Looks dead prefossional, she says modestly...

Et voila:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180081313391&rd=1&rd=1

nikkie Tue 06-Feb-07 21:27:50

I have a white duvet cover so most things are on my bed!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »