Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Half dyed sofa

(4 Posts)
ffon Tue 23-Aug-16 11:12:15

I have a sofa listed at 99p, no bids yet with 2 days to run. Thing is I dyed the cushion covers and made a slip cover for the base which I also dyed. The slip cover has cat scratching up the arm.
The base of the sofa is still it's original white.
Should I leave it to run, risking a 99p sale which would be annoying but not the end of the world or should I end it, dye the base covers to match and relist without the scratched loose cover?

19lottie82 Tue 23-Aug-16 13:56:06

I'm stuggling to get a mental picture of what you mean here, but it's important you describe and photo all imperfections when listing an item.

If you don't have any bids yet you can edit the listing text and add new photos.

Personally I wouldn't risk selling a sofa for 99p on eBay. Why don't you lost it for £30 (or whatever) on gumtree instead? No sellers fees either.

springwaters Tue 23-Aug-16 19:53:02

Sounds like it would be a 99p sale or taking to the tip. At least it is less hassle to have it collected. Doesn't sound worthwhile selling it.

ffon Tue 23-Aug-16 21:01:59

I've ended the sale and will dye the whole set of covers. Then relist starting at a higher price.
Many thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now