Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Pieces missing on collected item?

(4 Posts)
Tiredmumno1 Tue 16-Aug-16 14:15:48

I am hoping someone can help.

We purchased a swing set which was collection only. Was advertised as not used. I asked if it was boxed he said no as the box broke and it's been in storage.

Fast forward to trying to put the thing together with no instructions, it's definitely missing bolts and metal brackets. I have messaged the gentleman to ask if he has mislaid them, had no response yet.

It was cash on collection. I am a bit worried as I am not sure what else I can do. The kids are so disappointed sad I feel terrible.

19lottie82 Tue 16-Aug-16 20:11:57

You don't have any guarantee with cash on collection items I'm afraid. You should have checked it was complete before you handed over the cash.

All you can do is try to appeal to the sellers better nature. How long ago was it since you messaged him? Give him a few days before you start to panic.

If you don't hear back from him then make sure you leave negative feedback.

Tiredmumno1 Tue 16-Aug-16 21:45:46

Thanks lottie.

It was so difficult to know whether all the bits were there, without the instructions, so it was only when being put together we realised.

Luckily they have responded and apologised. They have offered a partial refund to help get some of the bits. It will mean that part of it wont be usable until I can replace it with something else. But we should be able to get it up and running safely.

I just hope they agree with what we have asked as we have kept the price down as much as we can.

Fingers crossed, thanks again.

Tiredmumno1 Tue 16-Aug-16 21:48:04

Also I think they are new to eBay, they don't seem to have marked the item as payed. Which I will now have to ask them to do. I just wanted a nice smooth day, it's been anything but grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now