We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buying from eBay

(7 Posts)
Youranus Tue 16-Aug-16 08:18:47

Can I bid for an item on EBay even though I have no funds in my PayPal account? I've been a member for over 10 years, but my PayPal account is unfortunately not linked to my bank account. I sell twice a year and use the funds I've made to make purchases. Haven't sold anything recently though and would love to bid on an item that ends on Friday. Can I enter a bid and pay with my debit card should I become the winning bidder? Thanks in advance.

monal Tue 16-Aug-16 08:21:07

Yes! This is the only way I have ever bought anything on eBay.

FeelingSmurfy Tue 16-Aug-16 08:25:37

Yes you can pay with a credit or debit card smile

CointreauVersial Tue 16-Aug-16 08:28:23

Yes, I buy stuff for work all the time, and we don't even have a Paypal account. Just pay by credit card.

Youranus Tue 16-Aug-16 09:31:28

Thanks everyone. Wasn't sure if my previous paypal purchases would affect my ability to use a debit card.

AppleJac Tue 16-Aug-16 09:35:24

You can pay by card but i dont think your protected by the buyer refund guarantee thing if you dont use your paypal account. Im not 100% on this though

MadeForThis Tue 16-Aug-16 09:44:34

If you link your debit card to your PayPal account they will debit any money automatically from your card. You pay on the card but get all the protection from PayPal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now