This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Quick route to Live Chat

(18 Posts)
ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Mon 08-Aug-16 16:50:30

I am trying to speak to a human via live chat. Ebay try to make it as difficult as possible to get to this point. Does anyone know an easy way to get to it?
I'm trying to ask for negative feedback to be removed, I've reported it by their automated system last Friday, I've heard nothing, all weekend I've had this low %. The buyer was aggressive and made unreasonable demands, so I thought this might happen.
I managed to get to live chat when all this was going on with the buyer, they agreed buyer was out of order.

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Mon 08-Aug-16 19:38:08

Anyone know a quick route?

smilingeyes11 Mon 08-Aug-16 19:41:58

there isn't one - what does the neg say. It is unlikely it will be removed unless it fits their criteria.

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Mon 08-Aug-16 19:52:10

I've been on the live chat a couple of times, I just can't remember how I got to it. The neg isn't aggressive like their messages, so wouldn't go against Ebay rules, but doesn't the fact they sent me aggressive messages and Ebay agreed that they were aggressive via Live Chat count for anything. Ebay even said that the buyer had form for this type of behaviour.

smilingeyes11 Mon 08-Aug-16 20:16:36

I very much doubt they will remove a neg for being aggressive - you may get lucky. Best bet is block them and leave a calm, measured response and then forget about it.

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Mon 08-Aug-16 20:23:07

Oh, I blocked them as soon as one lot of aggressive messages finished and I got my answer from them re cancelling the sale. I think Ebay has ignored my automated report because I did that on Friday. That's why I need to do Live Chat to speak to a human. The two times I've spoke to them about this buyer they've been really helpful. Ebay send you round the houses, they do anything to avoid speaking to you.

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Mon 08-Aug-16 20:25:59

I'd already gave them positive feedback as soon as they'd paid, can't take that back either. I'll not enter into anymore correspondence with the buyer, they're nuts.

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Mon 08-Aug-16 20:27:36

If I put a reply to their neg feedback, can they reply to that again.

Coconutty Mon 08-Aug-16 20:29:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Mon 08-Aug-16 20:30:37

I'd just like to give Live Chat a go first.

smilingeyes11 Mon 08-Aug-16 21:27:59

Feedback left for them is irrelevant - you can't neg a buyer anyway, nor leave a neg comment. That changed years ago.

Honestly - their FB is just a red dot on a website, it really is not worth the stress or worry. A sensible response will make you look reasonable, snarky responses and bad FB for them will make you look much worse than the neg itself.

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Mon 08-Aug-16 21:41:57

Yes I understand that. I will have a think about replying.
I'm not stressed or worried I'm just P'd off, years of 100% then because of this tosser I'm down to 97%, it looks bad, it'll put buyers off.
I wish I'd not left any feedback in the first place. I always do that though, I think it's nice to acknowledge a buyer as soon as they've paid.
If I buy something on Ebay, I know I'd think twice if a sellers feedback was that low

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Tue 09-Aug-16 10:26:06

Well, I managed to get through to Live Chat, how I did that I'm not quite sure, I think the time of day helps, office hours and all.
48 to 72 for them to look into it and get back to me.
I'm not hopeful unfortunately but you never know.

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Wed 10-Aug-16 06:34:07

Success! Ebay replied and has removed the negative feedback, I'm so pleased, back to 100%
Ebay also said in the email that, well, if I've read it correctly, that from February 2016, any negative feedback will only be on a sellers record for one month instead of the year long mark down.
I always thought a year was too long for one negative, I think a month is more than generous.

19lottie82 Wed 10-Aug-16 09:40:57

Well done OP but I think you're confused about the negative feedback only sticking for a month, that definitely isn't the case

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Wed 10-Aug-16 12:50:15

Thank you.
Oh right, I've read it wrong then, this is the part of the email:

Furthermore, I would first like to bring you the good news that on the next seller performance evaluation as of February 20, 2016 and onwards, all the negative and neutral Feedback received by sellers in the previous month, and all its related low Detailed Seller Ratings, will no longer count as a defect. While Feedback is still an important measure of seller performance, it will no longer impact your seller rating nor restrict your ability to sell on eBay.

Coconutty Wed 10-Aug-16 21:31:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Wed 10-Aug-16 21:48:40

Yeah, we could do with someone that has had neg feedback, see how long it lasted to confirm it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now