Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Recorded Delivery with problem

(12 Posts)
ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Fri 15-Jul-16 19:55:38

Sent an item 'Signed For', 2nd class, added tracking number on order, now buyer has opened a case for a refund, as they say they've not received item, before even messaging me, nice! There is a copy of their signature and printed name on the Royal Mail website, I have sent them a message with this info on. Now please don't tell me they have any come back? Has anyone come across this before? I'm just waiting on them to respond to my message/tracking info.

19lottie82 Sat 16-Jul-16 01:52:00

Just upload the tracking info against the eBay sales record and the case. As long as you can do this and it shows as delivered, you won't have any problems.

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Sat 16-Jul-16 06:24:18

That's great, yes have done this, thank you. Still heard nothing from the buyer, they were late paying too, had to open a case on them after they didn't respond to a message I sent asking if they still wanted the item. They've got over 200 stars, 100% feedback and positive feedback, you just never can tell!

19lottie82 Sat 16-Jul-16 12:36:46

100% positive feedback means nothing for a buyer. Sellers can only leave positive feedback. So if you only use your account to buy things, you can't get less than 100%.

Wait 7 days then ask eBay to "step in and help" with the case. As long as there is tracking which shows the item as delivered, the case will be closed in your favour. (and the buyer won't be able to leave you neutral or negative feedback)

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Sat 16-Jul-16 16:30:21

Yes, that'll be it then, I looked for feedback for items they've sold, they haven't sold anything.
Still haven't heard back from buyer, yes I'll give it a week. Won't the case automatically close if the don't respond, the ball is in their court at the minute.
When I listed the item, I put 2nd class postage no sign, but changed my mind and paid a £1 more to get signed, glad about that. Maybe they're trying it on and didn't realise the Royal mail keep the tracking info.
lottie Do you bother charging extra for signed when item is under a fiver? I don't, thinking it will put buyers off.

RaeSkywalker Sat 16-Jul-16 16:41:13

I hope that eBay find in your favour, this sounds really dodgy.

I had a bit of a blush moment with a similar scenario, but as a buyer last week- the seller took over a week to post the item, then uploaded no tracking information (I'd paid for tracked). It hadn't turned up after another 5 days so I sent a message asking where it was- they sent me the tracking number, I looked it up, and saw that DH had signed for the package at the Post Office that morning. He'd spotted the 'you were out' card the previous day and went to collect on his way to work. I bet the seller thought I was trying it on, but I wasn't at all, he just hadn't told me about the card 🙈

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Sat 16-Jul-16 17:10:21

Oops. Glad your got your parcel.
The only thing I can think of with my buyer other than up to no good is, someone else has signed for the parcel, they might live in flats where other people can take parcels in.

19lottie82 Sat 16-Jul-16 18:14:17

The case will "time out" Unless either party escalate it, but this will take ages (months?), so best you step in and get it sorted ASAP.

No I don't always send recorded, only really for items over £15/20, it's up to you really, you have to decide if it's worth it (and for low cost items it generally isn't). As you said higher postage costs will put bidders off.

RaeSkywalker Sat 16-Jul-16 18:16:00

Potentially Buttered- is the signature easy to read (to decipher the name)?

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Sat 16-Jul-16 18:34:49

lottie yes that's the amount £15/20 I usually start getting the signed for too. Will give it a week the contact Ebay.
Rae the signature is totally unreadable, those machine you sign on are terrible to try and do a decent signature, well, I have trouble anyway. It says about a printed name too and that is correct, I've never printed my name on those machines before though.

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Sat 23-Jul-16 06:34:48

Well I'm pleased to say Ebay has closed the case and ruled in my favour. Thanks for advising lottie re contacting Ebay after 7 days, I would have left it, not realising you could do this sooner rather than later.

19lottie82 Sat 23-Jul-16 14:15:33

That's good OP, thanks for the update smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now