Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Help needed with PP and Ebay

(6 Posts)
DameMargaretofChalfont Tue 12-Jul-16 18:10:36

I've messed up somewhere and not too sure what my next step should be.

Many years ago I started selling on Ebay and used a PP account attached to my email. About 6 months ago I changed my PP email to a new email account that I've started using, I've made several purchases and things have worked fine.

Last week I sold an item for £ 35 but no money has appeared in my account - I've contacted the buyer who has shown proof of a PP payment to my old account/email address. Obviously I've messed up when resetting my Ebay account details.

My main question is how do I claim the £35 that the seller has paid - on "My Sold" details on Ebay the transaction is showing "Payment was initiated and is being processed through PP" with an egg timer icon next to it.

Help!!!!

Lilly948204 Tue 12-Jul-16 18:12:40

Ask they buyer to cancel the payment ( very easy to do on eBay) and then send it to the correct email address.

DameMargaretofChalfont Tue 12-Jul-16 18:23:17

Thanks - I'm struggling to find whereabouts in "My account" I can change my seller Ebay details so I can request a new payment. Can you point me in the right direction??

lljkk Tue 12-Jul-16 19:27:21

Can't OP log into paypal (with old account details) & from there bank transfer the money to the account of her choice?

DameMargaretofChalfont Tue 12-Jul-16 20:45:48

No - that won't work (I've tried).

Buyer has cancelled the original payment but I cant see how to reset my PP details on my account.

I'm pulling my hair out with this!!!!!

DameMargaretofChalfont Wed 13-Jul-16 06:48:09

Right - I thought I'd update the thread so any other MNer who makes the same mistake as me knows what to do.

After a 45 min chat with Ebay (via online chat) we have discovered that you can not reissue a new invoice, after a sale, with a different PP account detailed. I have had to ask the buyer to cancel his payment and then send a invoice to him via PP.

My buyer was worried that paying outside Ebay would not give him the usual Ebay protection.
I raised this concern with Ebay and was told this isn't the case. Because the sale has completed on my Ebay account when I issue a PP invoice the buyer will retain his full Ebay rights/protections as (somehow) Ebay can link the invoice to the transaction.

Sounds so simple when written down yet it took me several hours to work this out after I searched numerous help topics and spent a time in queues for chat support.

I hope this experience might help another seller who finds themselves in my situation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now