Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Seller has won item claims it was a 'mistake'

(8 Posts)
DreadfulSpiller Tue 05-Jul-16 09:35:38

Hi there
I've just 'sold' a pushchair on ebay - winning bidder claims bidding was a mistake. Ha! Very annoying and dishonest. I've looked through their profile and they've retracted 26 bids in the last 12 mo and have form for no show for cash on collection. Has really high no of positive though. Grrr. Ill obviously block them. But what do I do in terms I cancelling it and re listing without any negative vibe on my listing / profile? Thank you!!

Only1scoop Tue 05-Jul-16 09:47:04

Ask them to cancel their bid and then you will get you fee's back and relist

Also email eBay stating all the facts they might strike then off

DreadfulSpiller Tue 05-Jul-16 09:48:36

Many thanks. Ill do both. She has 'won' the item - eg the auction is over, can she still cancel it?

Only1scoop Tue 05-Jul-16 09:50:11

Yes they need to log on and cancel
Their transaction although I think you can do it on their behalf without being penalised

Sounds like a right messer I can't stand how they get away with it

DreadfulSpiller Tue 05-Jul-16 09:53:06

I know, I would never do something like this. Makes my blood boil!!

DreadfulSpiller Tue 05-Jul-16 10:16:03

They say I must cancel, not them. Can anyone confirm if this is the case ... Don't want to take their word for it. Many thanks all

bewarethewalkers Tue 05-Jul-16 18:46:47

I am sure you can send the cancellation request and request the 'buyer changed mind' option. They then have the option to accept the cancellation and you get your fees back. Disclaimer I haven't sold on eBay for a long time so this may have changed.

19lottie82 Tue 05-Jul-16 21:42:21

Cancelling is the "easy" option, but there will be no consequences for the buyer, unless you go through the non payment case route instead.

Absolutely no point in cancelling then emailing eBay to complain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now