This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Time wasting so called buyers

(10 Posts)
VulcanWoman Tue 07-Jun-16 08:18:57

I've sold a good few item with great buyers, but had a couple of people win items and not pay. After no communication from the buyer and the wait time to re list, would you do the 'report buyer option'? I think I'm too soft and haven't done this yet, I know they get some bad mark against themselves for not paying up, not sure what that is though, also, is it worth blocking these people, I know it protects against them bidding on my items again, not very likely though, does this give them a bad mark against themselves also (being on a blocked list) TIA.

19lottie82 Tue 07-Jun-16 08:23:00

Are you opening unpaid item cases?

19lottie82 Tue 07-Jun-16 08:24:13

If so then this leaves a "black mark", so no need to report buyer.
And yes, block them. This won't affect them as such, only an unpaid item will.

cupkakesandkittens Tue 07-Jun-16 08:26:17

I've had this just last week! I've sent her 3 messages but still nothing! Really annoying as the item had 10 people watching it so someone else would probably have won the bid if she wasn't there. So annoying

VulcanWoman Tue 07-Jun-16 08:35:53

Yes I've opened cases but still, the waiting to re list is annoying.
One of the so called buyers had about 20 stars but the other over 500.
One item had two bids on it so I was going to do a second chance offer to the other bidder but they declined before I'd even had chance to send it, Ebay must have sent them an automatic one previously which they'd turned down. I think Ebay should show if they've been blocked by anyone too.
Thanks for your replies.

VulcanWoman Tue 07-Jun-16 08:37:13

Oh and one buyer won the item, THEN asked me if they could pay in a months time, er no.

smilingeyes11 Tue 07-Jun-16 14:44:14

yes file unpaid cases and yes block them too. And don't relist until the unpaid case is closed in 4 days time.

VulcanWoman Tue 07-Jun-16 15:09:04

Thanks, yes best to block too.

RaeSkywalker Tue 07-Jun-16 15:13:39

I haven't sold anything on eBay for about a year, but there used to be an option so that you could stop anyone with a certain number of 'black marks' (unpaid item cases) bidding on your items- is this still available as an option?

I feel your pain- most buyers are great but the few that messed me about have meant that I just sell on Facebook selling sites now- less money but soooo much easier!!

VulcanWoman Tue 07-Jun-16 16:07:47

Yes, I've just checked, you can block bidders for different criteria, non payment, countries you don't want to post to, below a certain percentage rating etc. I went into the help section and put in blocking bidders, it gives you the links there.
I've tried a little with the Facebook but no luck. Gumtree has been ok for bigger items.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now