This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

eBay rage

(7 Posts)
EscobarsMule Tue 24-May-16 15:44:13

How do you deal with this? I know eBay can normally sort out the money issues, but I've had some horrible sellers recently being shirty and personal with me when I've needed to return damaged or snad items. Or just out and out fibbing, which I hate just as much.

Leaving neg feedback hasn't worked, as two out of three comments have been removed - although to my mind they def didn't breach feedback guidelines. I think sellers just request removal and it's easy to do.

Am grrrr and it's making me want to leave eBay. Any tips???

19lottie82 Tue 24-May-16 17:05:51

How do you deal with what? A seller being an arse? Just as you would in real life......ignore! Absolutely no point in getting involved in an online argument. If you need to force a return and the buyer isn't playing ball, open a case and let eBay sort it out.

If you've had 2/3 negatives removed then they must have breached guidelines. Try to keep negative feedback factual, non emotional and don't throw insults.

Something along the lines of "item not as described, seller refused to accept return, had to open dispute", should do the trick.

EscobarsMule Tue 24-May-16 22:05:03

The last one that got removed said

"Negative experience - item damaged, seller made a fuss, return postage still not paid"

I don't understand what was wrong there and it was all true, there were messages eBay could check to verify this.....

I'm normally good at ignoring, but it's been getting under my skin when the comments are removed. What is the point? If you call eBay, they won't tell you why it was removed either. Makes a mockery.

19lottie82 Wed 25-May-16 08:22:38

Did you lose a case, or
Not send an item back when asked by eBay? These are also grounds to have feedback removed.

EscobarsMule Wed 25-May-16 20:54:29

Hi - no, each time I was the one who won cases of snad. And sent the items back.

I left the negs when the sellers were pains in the ass about taking the returns, not believing me or just being snarky.

So , lesson - if you get left a negative, just phone eBay and they will remove it.

Gingefringe Fri 27-May-16 14:33:58

I know the feeling. I've recently had experience of an arsey seller - I received a cardigan which had a hole in it - she accused me of making the hole so that I could return under snad rules! She accused me of lying and was pretty unpleasant.
EBay eventually sorted and I had a full refund after returning it to her but the negative feedback I left was then removed - I was fuming and felt that the feedback I had left was factual and appropriate.
So I feel your pain!!

thenewaveragebear1983 Fri 27-May-16 14:41:10

I think, although I may be incorrect, that all the seller can refund is the cost you paid (ie item+postage) and the return postage on top is deemed 'outside of eBay' - I have tried before to refund postage costs as I sent the wrong item in a bundle, but PayPal wouldn't let me refund more than what was originally paid to me. I had to arrange a separate private payment for their costs. I'm not saying this excuses it, but you might be struggling to claim return postage because sellers have no obligation to pay it. I'm massively falling out of love with eBay, their costs are ridiculous and I have had numerous issues with buyers, feedback, and payments. I have switched to Gumtree and have had a much more positive experience.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now