This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I made a mistake, I'll just need to suck it up won't I?

(8 Posts)
Behooven Thu 12-May-16 19:48:51

Buyer made an offer plus postage which I accepted but the sale wasn't completed so after 3 days I revised the listing with free postage to get it sold. Then she emailed to say she could now complete at previous agreed terms, would I accept, I did, but forgot to add the postage (£3.95) back on. She paid immediately, now won't respond to my emails explaining my error and requesting postage - I'll have to accept it won't I

summerwinterton Thu 12-May-16 23:46:12

did she actually win the auction or send you money as an off eBay sale?

Behooven Fri 13-May-16 00:33:54

It was on sale for auction, she e-mailed me an offer, I counter offered. She accepted, I lowered the price for her but she didn't pay.
So, I put the price back up but with free postage.

She then asked me to honour the original offer and I accepted but forgot to add the postage, so she is getting a big discount plus free postage which I can't really afford.

summerwinterton Fri 13-May-16 08:45:43

I would cancel the sale tbh and you did file none payer for the first sale and get your fees back?

summerwinterton Fri 13-May-16 08:50:58

oh and I would add them to blocked bidder list too.

Behooven Fri 13-May-16 09:50:33

Thanks summer, I think I will do that, she is being really unethical

CocktailQueen Fri 13-May-16 09:55:50

Yes, cancel the sale - you don't owe her anything. Cheeky cow.

summerwinterton Fri 13-May-16 10:41:32

and don't forget to do a none payer or cancellation for the first sale too. I would do none payer I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now