Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

time wasting twattery!

(9 Posts)
MrsFlorrick Fri 22-Apr-16 16:47:27

This is a rant and a rave. Not needing any advice just offloading my frustration.

eBay time wasters again! Argh.
I posted the first part of this a number of weeks ago. It's still going on.
angry

Sold chest of drawers. Lots people bid. Winning bid was only £2 above the rest so not massively different.

This person then made three separate appointments to come and collect chest of drawers but didn't show. The first time she didn't contact me again for more than 10 days and only after I opened a case against her. Two more Saturday's during Easter holidays waiting in for her but no show.

All along she had my mobile number and could have phoned me but no.

She then kept emailing about someone else picking it up for her and could she pay by PayPal but she didn't have any ID because she was 79!hmm erm no ID no PayPal!!

So I close unpaid case and cancel the transaction (as advised by eBay). She sent me a torrent of abusive messages and certainty didn't sound like a 79 year old in those!!

I relist chest of drawers. This person then sets up a new account in same name (different eBay moniker but same actual name) and address!!!! And bids for chest and fucking well wins!!!

At this point it's 36 days since she won the first auction. And then has the gall to email me and start all the crap about not being able to pick it up just yet and PayPal etc etc.

So I call eBay in a rage. The confirmed it was the same person so cancelled the transaction for me. And I've relisted chest of drawers and really hoping this person won't bid again.

So eBay twatter, if you're reading this. Feck off and don't bid on my items and stop messaging me and wasting my ducking time!!!!

19lottie82 Fri 22-Apr-16 17:57:56

I'm confused as to why she would need ID? Never let someone pay for a collection only item by PayPal anyway. It voids your seller protection.

Block the bidder and adjust your settings so buyers with feedback under 5 can't bid. That way if she sets up a new account she won't be able to bid.

MrsFlorrick Fri 22-Apr-16 23:18:03

Lottie.

I wanted cash on collection but she kept on and on about PayPal but said she couldn't provide ID and wasn't collecting herself!

So clearly at it.

Anyway. I was just ranting.

I mostly have nice eBay experiences.

Just the odd and bizarre time wasting.

19lottie82 Sat 23-Apr-16 08:38:11

Ah ok, yes, don't even bother with her then, if she's not willing to pay cash on collection.

If it's a larger item not suitable for postage why don't you try gumtree?
Personally I would never sell collection only items on eBay as it will either put folk off bidding, or you get thickos like this!

MrsFlorrick Sat 23-Apr-16 10:17:22

Lottie. Thanks. I've sold quite a few bits of furniture this way on eBay and most people are very normal. Except this oddity.

I was just ranting. I had the chest of drawers on a 1 day auction and it's just sold. Person buying wants to collect tomorrow. So all sorted.

EveryoneElsie Sat 23-Apr-16 13:21:51

I've had one like that. In the end she returned the fucking item and left bad feedback. {angry]

MeridianB Mon 25-Apr-16 08:51:17

OP, I feel your pain.

Do try again though. I sold a big chest of drawers successfully for a decent price with no problems at all. I think the collection thing does attract some added problems from some buyers but I would sell furniture again through eBay.

MrsFlorrick Mon 25-Apr-16 08:54:43

Elsie and Meridian. It's frustrating. Don't these folk have anything better to do with their time? Clearly not.

MeridianB Mon 25-Apr-16 09:16:03

I find it mystifying, for sure. And my non-payers have made me really cross.

It must be doubly-annoying if the item is a large and you want rid of it,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now