Talk

Advanced search

using couriers

(10 Posts)
sunflowervalley Wed 10-Jan-07 16:13:36

Could someone recommend a courier service as i see a lot of people on here use them.

How many parcels do they take for one fee etc.

thanks

nappyaddict Thu 11-Jan-07 05:26:38

here

zippitippitoes Thu 11-Jan-07 05:35:56

How do they manage to do it so cheaply?

nappyaddict Thu 11-Jan-07 06:30:50

no idea! maybe cos its the same price whether your going down the road or the other end of the country. if they have lots of short distances the savings mount up to the long distances? and also i suppose they don't go all that way for one person. they drop things off on the way. so maybe 20 ppls stuff, could get delivered on one journey?

MrsBigD Thu 11-Jan-07 06:43:42

I think that's part of it, also they only do 1 collection and 1 delivery attempt. Any renewed attempts will be charged extra I've used a different crowd thta charge 5.99... I've been ripped off

zippitippitoes Thu 11-Jan-07 06:53:15

It's the one delivery attempt that would irk me..clearly only any use for sending to one off people you can persuade to wait in all day!

nappyaddict Thu 11-Jan-07 06:55:53

anything up to 30kg and 3m in length and girth combined.

extra £3 for some areas of scotland and isle of man/wight.

extra 50p for some parts of london.

they don't charge for redelivery, only if the address you gave was wrong. they do charge if you are not in when you booked for them to collect though.

also if they have to reseal or repackage cos you don't do it well enough.

they also charge if it has to be returned to the sender and if it is overweight or oversized.

nappyaddict Thu 11-Jan-07 06:55:54

anything up to 30kg and 3m in length and girth combined.

extra £3 for some areas of scotland and isle of man/wight.

extra 50p for some parts of london.

they don't charge for redelivery, only if the address you gave was wrong. they do charge if you are not in when you booked for them to collect though.

also if they have to reseal or repackage cos you don't do it well enough.

they also charge if it has to be returned to the sender and if it is overweight or oversized.

nappyaddict Thu 11-Jan-07 06:57:08

charges are per parcel

LunarSea Thu 11-Jan-07 20:06:36

They use Parcel Force - so exactly the same delivery as if you took your parcel to your local post office - at a fraction of the price. I've used them a few times with no problems.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »