This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Mistake in description - minutes left

(5 Posts)
doreme Sun 03-Apr-16 08:30:31

I've just realised that I've put the wrong size in the item description but there's only minutes left. The photo shows clearly the correct size and I've had a couple of messages but stupidly I didn't check eBay for a week as I was on holiday. There are lots of bids - what should I do?

Cloudybutwarm Sun 03-Apr-16 08:32:59

I made a mistake on the listing when I was selling my old kindle on eBay and didn't notice until after it had finished.

I just messaged the winner, explained and apologised. He just wanted a refund obviously but was otherwise fine about it.

I wouldn't worry, just message and explain. There isn't really anything else you can do. I imagine it happens all the time!

Friolero Sun 03-Apr-16 08:33:33

You could contact the winning bidder immediately and tell them you made a mistake before they pay, see if they still want to go ahead?

doreme Sun 03-Apr-16 14:31:37

Thanks, the buyer paid immediately but I messaged her and she was very understanding, just asked for a refund. Just hope the new listing is as successful.

summerwinterton Sun 03-Apr-16 14:34:38

make sure you get your fees back - and it is better to have auctions ending in the evening normally really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now