Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Neg Feedback Justified in this case?

(2 Posts)
Seeyounearertime Sun 20-Mar-16 17:58:10

kinda convoluted story but:

3 weeks ago i noticed an item i wanted to bid on but by the time i logged in the item had ended with 0 bids.
The item got re listed on 7 day auction, i put it on my watch list and waited.
It ended at 10am with 0 bids, i thought it wasn't ending till 10pm so i didn't bid, missed it again dang it.
Seller re lists again (3rd listing for the same item) on another 7 day listing, i bid straight away.
Item ends, i'm the only bidder so i win, whoopee. BUT, before i pay i get a message from the seller saying that basically because the shipping fee was more than the item ended for that they won't be sending the item and they cancelled the transaction.
This bothered me slight because basically it seems they didn't get as high of a bid as they wanted so cancelled the order, I would imagine they would re list it?

Am i right in thinking that it's their own fault for not checking shipping fees (the auction listed £6 shipping fee anyway)
Am i right in thinking that listing an item for 3 weeks would give you plenty of time to check how much it was actually going to cost to send it to whoever wins?
Am i right in thinking that they really should have took the loss and sent the item?
am i right in thinking that an auction should be what ever it ends at, it sells at and you shouldn't just cancel the order?

Most importantly, was i justified in leaving them Negative Feedback?

Thanks for wading through that long post. grin

MooningIntoTheAbyss Sun 20-Mar-16 23:47:33

Really depends exactly what you said in the feedback.
There's negative feedback, then there's angry vengeful feedback (I've done both blush)

They should have lumped it. It didn't sell for what they wanted but that's the risk on eBay.
However, the system is set up in such a way that they can cancel and you can't refuse the cancellation. Annoying, for you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now