Talk

Advanced search

when did they start wanting credit/debit card details in order to register?

(6 Posts)
divastrop Mon 01-Jan-07 20:47:22

i registered with ebay over 2 years ago but havent been on there for ages,today i was on there looking for a double buggy.i realised ive changed email addy since i registered so went to update it and was informed i have to provide details of a credit/debit card for security reasons.since i dont have either of these i am now worried i wont be able to use my ebay account.does anybody know if thats the case?

mumfor1standfinaltime Mon 01-Jan-07 20:56:50

This is probably because you haven't been on for a while and your original credit/debit card is out of date?

I had to update my switch card the other day as it ran out of date (had to give new card number).

Oh, just reread your post - did you not have a card registered?

divastrop Mon 01-Jan-07 21:27:33

no ive never had a credit card and i havent had a debit card since 1997

anyway,ive found out my old email account is still active anyway and have just bought something from ebay so it obviously isnt a problem

ditzyangeluk Wed 03-Jan-07 06:47:44

It's a 'new' thing with them - we originally registered with my sisters credit card as it used to be only if you wanted to SELL something.
Then you were allowed to NOT have a card but had a maximum selling limit of £15.00
The only thing if it was a problem is to see if you could borrow a card & then you contact customer services (& I use that term loosely!) & you can have the details deleted.
I think you can set up a Direct Debit with them if you don't have a card.
Not fully sure now though!

mygirllolipop Wed 03-Jan-07 16:43:17

Message withdrawn

mygirllolipop Wed 03-Jan-07 16:45:22

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »