Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Scam?

(3 Posts)
Bluecarrot Thu 25-Feb-16 22:50:44

I bought an item by auction that all in was around £90. I paid by PayPal and it shows as completed.
I received an email direct to my account from "transaction bank" ( rest cut off) with the guys name and the bottom of the email showing it came from Lloyds bank. There was an attachment on the email but I think it was just the guys contact details ( to Lloyds bank in London)
I checked PayPal, it's completed so I disregarded email as spam, intending to report to eBay as phishing scam in the morning when their contact Center is open.
Now I've got a message through eBay asking if I received the email.
Alarm bells are ringing for me.
It's not a new seller - feedback in the thousands iirc.
Anyone come across this? Am I just being Worried unnecessarily?

Bluecarrot Thu 25-Feb-16 22:51:22

Whoops - the email said the funds hadn't cleared, and were pending?

Bluecarrot Thu 25-Feb-16 23:24:30

All sorted. Had him mixed up with another seller for feedback. Turns out he just hadn't sold enough stuff ( but bought plenty so high feedback count) and PayPal are holding the cash for buyer protection. ( well, that's what Google tells me)

As you were smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now