Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Have auction running, but a buyer wants to Buy it now?

(5 Posts)
ayria Thu 25-Feb-16 13:13:43

Can I add a Buy it now price the same amount as the starting price for an auction? Or should I just say they have to wait? TIA.

wobblywindows Sun 28-Feb-16 11:34:55

No. Yes. I think when you start a listing the BuyIt Now price has to be a percentage above the start price for auction. Also you incur extra fees from having a BuyItNow price on there. I'd tell them to wait- unless they make an offer you can't refuse. Their eagerness suggests you've put a low price on your item- check what others sold for. I saw a dolls house cooker start at £1.50 finished at £60+. Always research price!

MrsMargoLeadbetter Sun 28-Feb-16 11:38:38

They are probably trying to secure it at a lower price than it will go for... I generally ignore such requests.

If you have lots of watchers and/or bids then you are likely to get a good price?

I generally start my auctions at 99p, so ppl requesting a Buy It Now price happens a lot....

ayria Thu 03-Mar-16 23:55:16

I ended up letting them have a BIN price and they paid a bit more than I think it would have gone for and covered the BIN fee. Thank you for your replies.

MrsMargoLeadbetter Fri 04-Mar-16 09:06:43

Glad it worked out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now