Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Is a buyer wants to return something for a refund, do they pay their postage?

(9 Posts)
BettyBi0 Thu 18-Feb-16 13:26:11

Or should the seller pay them back on top of the refund?

Items are second hand clothes with all faults described and photographed in the listing

19lottie82 Thu 18-Feb-16 14:37:12

That depends. If they are claiming the item is misdescribed, then yes. If it's a change of mind (non fault), then no.

19lottie82 Thu 18-Feb-16 14:37:50

Providing a pre paid returns label is usually easier all round than "paying them back".

BettyBi0 Thu 18-Feb-16 14:52:33

Thanks! I'm just starting out at selling and all really low value items of clothing so I don't want to waste any gains.

19lottie82 Thu 18-Feb-16 16:29:45

As you described in the OP, just make sure they are described correctly with plenty of photos and measurements.

robin64 Sat 20-Feb-16 09:53:47

Usually buyer returns at their expense unless a fault has been found (which was not in listing) if you described accurately then they should pay postage for change of mind. If they argue this then it is up to you to refund to save your fb / having a case open or stick to your guns but risk poor fb and stars from disgruntled buyer. It depends how confident you are in your item and description as Lottie says, always plenty of pics and all measurements and be honest about condition or any flaws.

In the few times I have had a return most people good about paying returns for fit or change of mind but I have refunded a couple of times for awkward buyers then blocked them - not worth the hassle with some people - worst one was a top returned after weeks which had been worn and was sweaty - gross! Blocked them of course but annoying to be out of pocket for that sort of person.

pinkcan Sat 20-Feb-16 09:56:43

I say no returns on my listings. It's usually not economical to pay postage and then return postage for a low value item.

0hCrepe Sat 20-Feb-16 09:57:35

Dh sells a lot of artwork on eBay and the photo can't give a more accurate description! Sometimes buyers change their mind when they get it which is really annoying but when he's taken it to eBay to sort it always goes in the buyer's favour. Just in case you were thinking of contesting it. I think he sends them a returns label.

19lottie82 Sat 20-Feb-16 14:25:35

Pinkcan - saying "no returns" is only applicable if the buyer requests a non fault return, in which case they would pay for the return postage.

If they open a case claiming the item has been mis described then you have no choice but to accept the return. Well, you can technically refuse it, but eBay will just enforce it anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now