Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

what can I do about a bully seller ?

(39 Posts)
Oxfordblue Mon 08-Feb-16 19:47:54

Won the bid on something the other day & asked would it be possible to send the next day as would like it for next week.

Seller doesn't reply until this am stating the terms are 2 days of payment.

I then pay as says they will send today. Then says will send when payment clears. For some reason my pay pal pays after item sent. I tell them that & they then cancel the sale.

Seller then sends arsey email, saying if I leave negative feedback he'll send on all correspondence to ebay asking them to remove it !
I think what a tit...but I'd like to report him, is this possible ?

Itsallaboutme3 Mon 08-Feb-16 19:52:10

When i sell on ebay i have the terms as to be sent 2 days after payment, and i really hate it when people win and then ask if i can send sooner, i would prefer if they ask before they bid in which case i try my best to post sooner. In this case i would leave neg feedback saying selled cAncelled bid.

Eelus Mon 08-Feb-16 19:53:48

Why does your PayPal pay after the item is sent? My PayPal pays immediately. I would never send something until payment is cleared.

SavoyCabbage Mon 08-Feb-16 19:57:32

I do not post anything until the money is in my account. I would probably have cancelled it too as you have made yourself look suspicious by trying to push her into posting.

Only1scoop Mon 08-Feb-16 19:58:05

I'm a bit confused about the PayPal bit. Did you pay?

ThirtyNineWeeks Mon 08-Feb-16 19:58:26

How is this - on any level - bullying? Get a bloody grip.

PerspicaciaTick Mon 08-Feb-16 19:59:07

Are you sure your PayPal pays after the item is sent? I'm pretty certain that PayPal pays immediately but you have the option not to pay PayPal until the item is received.

MrsNoraCharles Mon 08-Feb-16 20:00:03

I'm not sure what you could report him for to be honest (apart from being rude, which clearly isn't on, but I don't think eBay will be able to do much about that).

If his T&Cs are to post within two days of posting then he hasn't done anything wrong in not posting sooner, and I agree with PP about never posting until payment has cleared.

Palomb Mon 08-Feb-16 20:00:25

I take it you've never actually been bullied??

RatOnnaStick Mon 08-Feb-16 20:06:22

You won something the other day but didn't pay until he sent you a pay reminder today? hmm I would have been arsey at that.

sooperdooper Mon 08-Feb-16 20:07:10

You should've paid immediately, if the seller stared two days they were within their rights to stick to that & if you wanted it sooner you should've asked in advance & it's completely acceptable not to post something until payment has cleared

Not sure what the seller did wrong tbh confused

LaurieFairyCake Mon 08-Feb-16 20:08:12

You should have paid immediately.

And sort out your PayPal so it works.

You are entirely in the wrong. Only an idiot would send an item without being paid.

DameXanaduBramble Mon 08-Feb-16 20:10:59

Well you definitely wouldn't be getting it as quickly as you'd hoped by only paying today. Bullying, though? Hardly that.

Oxfordblue Mon 08-Feb-16 20:26:39

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

stayathomegardener Mon 08-Feb-16 20:30:43

I was going to post a helpful explanation of Paypal pay later but... Maybe not biscuit

PerspicaciaTick Mon 08-Feb-16 20:31:26

I don't suppose you fancy telling us your eBay name so we can update our settings?

BrumpyGollocks Mon 08-Feb-16 20:33:29

Here we go ...
<pulls up bench,hands out Gin,wine & popcorn>

LaurieFairyCake Mon 08-Feb-16 20:35:47

I've got really high feedback and bought thousands of things and PayPal doesn't do that to me.

Please explain why YOUR PayPal does that?

Palomb Mon 08-Feb-16 20:37:39

<cackles>

Notimefortossers Mon 08-Feb-16 20:38:44

<Gratefully takes a vino from Brumpy and parks up on the bench>

RatOnnaStick Mon 08-Feb-16 20:39:29

My son says 'how rude!' in exactly that tone. He's five.

Are you five? <headtilt>

DameXanaduBramble Mon 08-Feb-16 20:39:39

Yes, go on, post your neg feedback. Hope it makes you feel a bit better.

honeysucklejasmine Mon 08-Feb-16 20:43:36

Ooh, this looks like fun!

I'm still confused why the PayPal is delayed

RedOnHerHedd Mon 08-Feb-16 20:50:18

I wouldn't send anything until the money is in my account. I'd cancel the sale too for non-payment. There's no way I'd part with the item without receiving the money first.

stayathomegardener Mon 08-Feb-16 20:53:08

As far as I know my Paypal pays the seller but then emails me two weeks later to let me know it is deducting funds from my account which gives me plenty of time to return something and not be charged. (I don't think I've ever done that but certainly have had items not arrive and then cancelled.)
Paypal gave me this option about two years ago, I think it was for good behaviour. AKA spending too much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now