Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Are free-listing weekends a thing of the past? Or just me?

(11 Posts)
mmmminx Mon 08-Feb-16 12:10:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

glammanana Mon 08-Feb-16 12:48:54

minx There was a 30 day free listing straight after xmas which finished 31st January did you miss that ? Also offers for 50% reduction in fees for items sold was during the same period.If your account is above standard I would imagine you should be getting the offers if you are not getting them I really don't know what to suggest.

suitsyousir79 Mon 08-Feb-16 13:02:56

Its free listing now and you just pay a higher percentage on the final selling fee. Has been this way for a while. You only pay for listings when you go off the basic template ie add a buy it now price, gallery listing etc.

PurpleFrog Mon 08-Feb-16 13:09:57

suitsyousir79 - I think you're mistaken. It is still free listing for the first 20 items per month UNLESS there is a special listing offer on. There were various offers during January.

suitsyousir79 Mon 08-Feb-16 15:21:12

My apologies. Happy to be corrected smile. Ive sold a few bits since Christmas and was sure ive seen an email saying that the pricing structure had changed for private sellers. Ive not sold over 20 things a month so thats maybe why then.

suitsyousir79 Mon 08-Feb-16 15:24:46

Purplefrog you are correct. Copied from ebay:

Insertion fee

Charged when you create a listing

Free for your first 20 listings per calendar month

Based on the item's starting or reserve price, the listing format and category, though exclusions apply for some categories

PurpleFrog Mon 08-Feb-16 15:35:28

There was an offer which said "Pay zero insertion fees" which was valid from 00:00:01 Tuesday 05 January 2016 until 23:59:59 Sunday 31 January 2016. Maybe that confused you?

suitsyousir79 Mon 08-Feb-16 15:57:36

Quite possibly. I dont tend to read ebay emails properly as they are normally just spam! Sorry for the diversion OP! smile

mmmminx Mon 08-Feb-16 18:34:33

CointreauVersial Mon 08-Feb-16 21:16:21

OP, I asked exactly the same question on here a couple of months ago.

They've changed the way they do things - they don't seem to send the emails any more - you need to go into Selling Manager Summary, and there will be specific promotions showing on the lower right-hand side which you can "opt into". e.g.half price final value fee, free listing for two days etc.

I didn't even know Selling Manager Summary existed, and the first time I went into it there were all sorts of promos I'd never seen before!

mmmminx Tue 09-Feb-16 16:56:00

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now