Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

whoops didn't leave feedback for about 20 items...

(8 Posts)
EternalSunshine820 Sat 30-Jan-16 19:58:51

I only joined Ebay and started selling in the last year, also bought some stuff - mostly clothes for my toddler. Just realised that I'm supposed to leave feedback for items bought.. and that there is a messages inbox where people ask you to do that.

Ebay won't let me post feedback for items I bought more than 90 days ago and there are sellers who messaged asking me for feedback (only 1 bothered to ask twice). I didn't reply.. technological incompetence, but now I feel bad. Does it really affect peoples ratings on Ebay if I haven't given feedback?

One item, a red Next anorak was particularly gorgeous and my toddler has used it loads. I would have given top marks and more for that one.. sorry seller, if it's you reading this!

nauticant Sat 30-Jan-16 22:05:42

Does it really affect peoples ratings on Ebay if I haven't given feedback?

It doesn't so don't worry about it.

In the future, when you buy, if everything goes well, feel free to leave positive feedback. If they've made an extra effort to be helpful, definitely leave it.

In my view, a seller asking for feedback is a bit pushy and I'd not leave any.

summerwinterton Sun 31-Jan-16 12:27:48

Feedback is voluntary and you don't have to leave it at all. It is not an integral part of the transaction.

And a seller who messages you telling you to leave it risks feedback they wouldn't want. They have a nerve!

MTPurse Sun 31-Jan-16 12:29:26

Don't worry about it.

heavenlypink Sun 31-Jan-16 12:30:11

Guilty of this too blush

Still within the 90 days I think so need to get it done

glammanana Mon 01-Feb-16 18:18:14

Don't worry too much about it,if no feedback is received ebay automatically think the buyer is happy with the transaction,no feedback is better than negative feedback imo,and never ask for feedback it is against ebay rules.

bessiebumptious2 Mon 01-Feb-16 19:09:01

I'm guilty of this as a seller. I sold hundreds of items last year before giving up temporarily and forgot to go back to leave feedback. I feel bad but it's not the end of the world because I can only leave positive feedback as a seller anyway!

AllOutOfNaiceHam Mon 01-Feb-16 19:16:57

I only get feedback for about 1/3 of all the sales I make on eBay, I expect this to happen, and while it would be nice if everyone who was happy could leave feedback, I understand that people are busy, or forgetful or just not bothered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now