Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

To be so annoyed with a buyer!!

(9 Posts)
poppy1973 Sat 23-Jan-16 15:20:38

What is it about ebayer and buyers complaining. I sold a perfectly pair of boots (childs) and the buyer wants a refund!!! I stated on the auction that no refund are offered. I also listed at a really low price, a perfect pair of childs boots that had hardly been used.

I am fed up of selling on ebay as before I had someone complain that a dress I had listed was a full length dress. I had listed the item as a tunic/possibly a short dress.

Why is it such a pain to sell items on ebay ? I am not going to bother anymore and think I will sell on preloved or would rather than donate the items to charity shop.

gamerchick Sat 23-Jan-16 15:31:37

Why do they want a refund?

I don't get the quibbling over pennies some knob ends do on eBay. Buy from a shop if you're a fanny imo.

19lottie82 Sat 23-Jan-16 16:04:24

Why does the buyer want a refund? If they claim the item was not as described, then you mus refund upon return, no matter if you agree with them or not, I'm afraid.

ExplodingCarrots Sat 23-Jan-16 16:07:59

This is why I gave up op, it's shit. I don't know where you stand with this though.

I stick to local fb selling sites now.

summerwinterton Sun 24-Jan-16 20:41:42

You cannot state you don't give refunds. Just accept the return and refund them. There is nothing else you can do.

And why list at a really low price - surely that is utterly pointless. Price at the price you want to sell them at. There is no need to start at 99p with free listing.

FredaMayor Wed 03-Feb-16 12:09:37

If you are a private seller you can opt for no returns on a listing next time:

sellercentre.ebay.co.uk/returns-cancellations

19lottie82 Wed 03-Feb-16 18:39:41

FredaMayor, with the greatest respect you don't really get how eBay works, do you? Saying "no returns" doesn't really make any difference. All a buyer needs to do is claim the item is faulty / misdescribed and the seller MUST refund in full upon return, as well as paying for the return postage.

FredaMayor Thu 04-Feb-16 16:52:01

So sorry, lottie. I must try harder.

messystressy Thu 04-Feb-16 17:00:19

I sell on Ebay but I have the attitude that sometimes you just have to suck it up. So 99% of the time, everything is fine, but then someone will email me about an issue and I just issue a refund, never mind about returning the goods. I figure, I have money from 99% of my selling, good enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now