This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

feedback from buyers

(7 Posts)
Merguez Sat 23-Jan-16 10:01:17

Haven't done eBay for a while. Sold 5 items last week, 2 of them high-value.

Have checked the tracking numbers for the high value items and the items have been received. The others were sent normally (with proof of posting)

None of the buyers have left feedback yet - am I right in thinking I should wait for them to leave feedback before I do?

You just hear so much about scams these days I am very wary - but all buyers had good feedback.

Thanks

lljkk Sat 23-Jan-16 10:07:16

No point in seller ever leaving f/back, no point in buyer bothering unless buyer is unhappy. No news is good news!!

You can turn off nag emails from Ebay about leaving f/back... somewhere in their comms settings.

insertimaginativeusername Sat 23-Jan-16 10:13:47

I thought ebay etiquette was that seller should leave feedback immediately as the buyer has completed their half of the transaction (by paying).

Not every buyer leaves feedback straight away, I sometimes don't get it for weeks as a seller and have forgotten about them!

lljkk Sat 23-Jan-16 10:18:31

there is no etiquette nowadays.

As a seller I liked to wait for f/back so that I knew buyer is happy with item. Only then was transaction finished.

Nowadays, seller leaving f/back is a waste of time unless buyer annoyed you & you might get away with a passive aggressive comment, like "I am so sorry the item went missing/wasn't good enough/was faulty" etc. Which still won't help any other sellers because almost nobody checks f/back of sellers before completing sales; Ebay penalises seller who cancel transactions, anyway.

19lottie82 Sat 23-Jan-16 10:40:44

I find only about 30-40% of buyers leave feedback.

As a seller. I leave feedback as soon a buyer had paid.

Merguez Sat 23-Jan-16 13:03:03

Thanks everyone for the replies.

CremeEggThief Sat 23-Jan-16 13:04:41

Agree with 19lottie82.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now