Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer left someone elses feedback on my item

(9 Posts)
MyCatIsTryingToKillMe Tue 19-Jan-16 12:54:09

A fairly new ebayer left negative feedback on my item. I had only posted the item that lunchtime so know they hadn't received it. I contacted ebay to complain and then the buyer who admitted they had made a mistake, it was meant for another item and apologised. I asked them to speak with Ebay to alter it but it's been nearly ten days and I have had no contact from either Ebay or this buyer again (although I note the buyer has now made the same negative feedback on another item they have bought.) I asked Ebay to call me regarding this issue through their website but haven't heard from them.

This is really frustrating as we have never had a single bad comment ever, not even a neutral because we are always careful not to sell anything in bad condition and never oversell it. We have other stuff for sale and this negative comment is at the top of our feedback!

Also why am I not allowed to respond to their feedback or leave them a negative comment? What can I do?

MrsNoraCharles Tue 19-Jan-16 19:16:36

This happened to me. The buyer said she was sorry and that it was because she was "new". She didn't remove it though and I was bloody annoyed.

The saving grace for me was that the feedback was specific to another item, so it was clearly not meant for me.

Still makes me cross thinking about it - and the casual "silly me" attitude of the buyer.

Not sure you can do much though. I thought sellers could respond to feedback. Has that changed?

Not sure my response is remotely helpful either - except to say that you're not alone! Grrrrr.

MyCatIsTryingToKillMe Tue 19-Jan-16 20:33:54

Thanks MrsNora, I'm irrationally cross about it! grin. It just seems really unfair, I've got proof of posting and their emails all to prove it but nobody is paying attention - grr!

Do you know how to respond to feedback? I can't see how to do it.

MrsNoraCharles Tue 19-Jan-16 20:55:15

It's here MyCat.

It does hit all those Unfair! Unfair! buttons doesn't it.

Arseholes.

wobblywindows Tue 19-Jan-16 21:30:49

Not sure if you can trust your seller to put it right - but here goes.
Using this link ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/sr?searchstring=remove+feedback or by searching for the term "remove feedback" and then (buyer to click) "I left Feedback for the wrong member".
Next page is a list of recent purchases.
Over to you.
I think once the buyer has done this (whatever) ebay then remove the feedback ?

MyCatIsTryingToKillMe Wed 20-Jan-16 07:30:26

Thank you both so much, I'll try this today. Still nothing on Ebays callback service - they are shit. Sadly the site can also be very useful!

MyCatIsTryingToKillMe Wed 27-Jan-16 10:55:15

Just a quick update, after yet more chasing we finally today got the negative feedback removed. We did have to rely on the buyer doing ti though, it seems Ebay wouldn't do it despite acknowledging they could see the emails from the buyer saying it was a mistake!

MrsNoraCharles Wed 27-Jan-16 20:57:25

Good result! Well done My Cat.

wobblywindows Mon 08-Feb-16 19:55:44

thank you for the update smile I'm glad it worked out for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now