Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Item removed from sale...?

(6 Posts)
LeiaOrgana Sun 06-Dec-15 21:24:39

Just had an email from eBay saying a tshirt I bought for my husband has been removed from sale. They instruct me to wait and see if the item arrives, if not I should open a case.

How long should I wait? Why would it have been removed? Seller seemed to have good feedback, wouldn't have bought otherwise...

19lottie82 Sun 06-Dec-15 21:37:07

Was it a designer t shirt at a too good to be true price? If so it may have been pulled because eBay suspect it's counterfeit.

I wouldn't panic just yet though, this may not be the reason. Refer to the original email from eBay at the time of purchase. It should have an estimated delivery date. If it doesn't arrive by the last day of the estimate (or is indeed a fake), then open a case.

LeiaOrgana Sun 06-Dec-15 22:07:03

Designer no, but it has a game character on it (I promise my husband is over the age of 16) so maybe it's unlicensed and they don't like it. It doesn't profess to be official or anything though. Which is annoying because I bought a band tshirt that apparently was official but clearly wasn't and had loads of trouble getting it refunded.

Anyway, thank you for the advice!

19lottie82 Mon 07-Dec-15 00:34:29

Hi OP, yes that sounds like the most likely explanation. I'd imagine you'll still get the shirt, but if nothing appears after a week, then I'd open a case.

summerwinterton Mon 07-Dec-15 11:31:52

Or it could be a hijacked account or just a seller who hasn't paid their fees. If you open a case now you can't escalate for 8 days anyway, if the item does arrive you can of course close the case.

ThreeRuddyTubs Tue 08-Dec-15 18:00:48

I've ordered some makeup and am in the same boat. The seller has told me it's been posted but it's being delivered to argos and there's nothing on the tracking number yet. Don't know how much longer I'm prepared to wait for mine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now